Bachelor of Arts in Malay for International Communication (Hons)
Offered by: International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Course Duration||8 Sem|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Faculty||Kulliyyah of Language and Management|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Languages (National language & other languages)|
|Stream Requirements||Arts/Science Stream|
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Malay for International Communication programme is designed to produce graduates who have a high degree of communicative competence in Malay and cross-cultural awareness for global communication. The course concentrates on the development of language and communication skills. With the various exposure to both linguistic and international communication disciplines, this course aims to broaden students’ international experience through student exchange programmes and various cross-cultural activities. The undergraduate programmes have major-minor combinations. The pool of local and international lecturers opens the possibility for a more interactive approach and increased internationalization.
The general academic requirements for admission into undergraduate degree programmes of IIUM as follows:
A Pass at the SPM level or equivalent with at least
A Diploma or any other Equivalent Qualification with a CGPA 3.00 recognized by the Government of Malaysia and approved by the Senate of the University
A Pass at the STAM examination with at least Jayyid Jiddan:
A Pass at the STPM examination with a CGPA of 3.00 or at least:
Obtained a required Band in the “Malaysian University English Test” (MUET) as specify by each programmes.
* The University reserves the right to change the above requirements at any time without prior notice.
Depending on the programme of study, instruction at IIUM is carried in English and/or Arabic. Applicants wishing to pursue studies in programmes taught in English must obtain:
· A score of 513 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or
· 5.5 points in the test administrated by the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS)
· If they do not have either of these qualifications, applicants may sit for the IIUM-administered English Placement Test (EPT), in which they must obtain at least 5.5 points to fulfill the requirement.
· Applicants interested in programmes taught in Arabic must obtain an exemption after sitting for the IIUM-administered Arabic Placement Test (APT).
Applicants who are unable to submit satisfactory results in any of the tests above may take up language proficiency courses at the university to fulfill the admission requirements.
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.