Diploma in Culinary Arts
Enquiry Was Successfully Sent
Thank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||IMI Univ. Centre, Lucerne, Switzerland|
|Course Duration||2 Yrs|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Campus||KDU University College, Utropolis Glenmarie|
|Faculty||School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Diploma Level|
|Field of Study||Hospitality & Tourism|
Students with a passion for all things culinary and have an innate interest in the creativity of food will greatly benefit from this programme. This is a unique opportunity for students to learn how to use the freshest ingredients to create sumptuous gourmet dishes that are worthy of the world’s finest restaurants.
Students are also exposed to Molecular Cuisine, a first-of-its-kind for a culinary diploma in Malaysia. Not only that, students are taught by award-winning chefs, with 75% of the course based on practical trainings in various aspects of the culinary field.
In this programme, students also have the option of obtaining a parchment from IMI University Centre, Switzerland.
- Culinary Essentials
- Tertiary English 1
- Entrepreneurship Studies
- Food Nutrition, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Food Services Operations
- International Cuisine
- Introduction to Hospitality Operations
- Introduction to Patisserie Skills
- Introductory French
- Menu Design and Development
- Principles of Garde Manger
- Personal Development Planning 1
- Advanced Bakery and Pastry Arts
- Advanced Butchery
- Chocolates and Confections
- Classical French Cuisine
- Commodity Cooking
- Culinary Artistry and Design
- Food, Beverage and Labour Cost Controls
- Intermediate French
- Molecular Cuisine
- Personal Development Planning 2
- Industrial Placement
- Co-Curricular Activities and Community
- Malaysia Culture and Life
- Pengajian Malaysia 2 (Malaysian Students)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International Students)
- Personal Development Planning
||MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENT
||Min. 3 credits
||Min. 3 credits
|Any other qualifications deemed equivalent by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia (or as stated in the Document Senarai Nilai Taraf Kelayakan Akademik, Malaysian Qualifications Agency)
||Pass (Subject to review and approval of certified transcripts)
*If English language requirements are not fulfilled, additional English module(s) may be taken at KDU University College.
|Local Student :
||Pass (SPM / 1119 / UEC / O Levels examination)
|International Student :
||Band 5.5 in IELTS; or a score of 213 (computer-based) or 79 (internet-based); or 550 (paper-based) in TOEFL
January, April, July, September
- Hospitality and Food Service: Hotels, resorts, restaurants and catering establishments
- Consultancy: Management consultancy, technical consultancy, project management, product development, destination development
- Education and Training: Hotel, Culinary and tourism training institutions
- Entrepreneurship: Managing your own hotel and restaurant business
- Food Industry: Food producers and distributors
- Health: Catering for hospitals, clinics, health resorts, spas and retirement homes
- Research & Development: Research Chefs (Culinology) working with food scientists.
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.
Other Courses in this Level of Study
Other Courses in this Field of Study
Back to Courses