Enquiry Was Successfully Sent
Thank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Course Duration||1 Year|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Fees||Refer to Univ.|
|Faculty||School of Pre-University Studies|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Pre-University/Foundation Studies|
|Field of Study||Pre-University Programme / University Foundation Studies|
Take up the challenge of studying across a range of
disciplines with the KDU Foundation in Arts programme.
In preparation for a bachelor’s degree in the humanities,
students will have an opportunities to be exposed to basic
modules of various disciplines such as:
- Communications and Media Studies
This programme exposes students to the vigorous demands
of tertiary education, preparing them to be critical thinkers
necessary for university life. Here, students will learn:
- Critical and analytical skills
- Skills to work effectively in teams
- To hone their entrepreneurial spirit
- Curiosity to new ideas
- Social and ethical responsibility
CORE (6 COMPULSORY MODULES)
- Academic Writing and Presentation Skills
- Academic Research Skills
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Thinking Skills
ELECTIVES (CHOOSE 7 MODULES)
- Introduction to Accounting
- Principle of Accounting
- Introduction to Communication Studies
- Media Studies
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- SPM / O Levels - Pass with minimum 5 Credits
- UEC - Minimum 3 Credits
- Any other qualifications deemed
equivalent by the Ministry of
Higher Education, Malaysia (or as
stated in the Document Senarai
Nilai Taraf Kelayakan Akademik,
Malaysian Qualifications Agency) - Pass (Subject to review
and approval of certified
1. Students who will be continuing their studies in Accounting and
Finance degree programmes,must have obtained a Credit in
Mathematics at SPM level.
2. Student who will be continuing their studies in Business programes,
must have obtained a Pass in Mathematics at SPM level.
3. Student who will be continuing their studies in Communication
programes, must have obtained a Credit in English at SPM level.
4. Students who do not have the above requirement, must seek advice
from school before enrolment.
- Local Student - Credit (SPM / 1119 / UEC / O Levels examination)
- International Student - Band 5.5 in IELTS; or a score of 196 (computer-based) or 69 (internet-based) or 525 (paper-
based) in TOEFL
If English Language requirements are not fulfilled, additional English
module(s) may be taken at KDU University College.
January, March, May and September
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.
Other Courses in this Level of Study
Other Courses in this Field of Study
Back to Courses