Bachelor of Science (Hons) Health Science (Nursing)
Enquiry Was Successfully Sent
Thank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||Internal Degree, Malaysia|
|Course Duration||8 Sem|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Fees (International Student)||USD4167/Year|
|Faculty||Health - School of Health Sciences|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Medicine & Healthcare|
|Stream Requirements||Science Stream|
|Additional Notes||UPU Code (for reference): SM12|
The Bachelor of Health Science (Nursing) is one of the programmes offered by the School of Health Sciences, USM. This is a 4-year (8-semester) programme. It consists of the following components:
- Biological Sciences
- Behavioural Sciences
- Nursing Sciences
- Clinical Skills
- Computer Skills
- Research and Scientific Writing Skills
- Communication and Information Distribution Skills
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Co-curriculum Activities
- Social Skills
- Teaching and Patient Management Skills
These components are incorporated into the nursing curriculum to strengthen the basic knowledge of nursing practice. In addition, it improved the nursing profession at par with other health care professions. Scientific knowledge and evidence-based care aid in promoting competent, independent, and safe practitioners. The graduate of this programme are expected to of caliber, innovative, proactive with critical thinking and problem solving abilities. The university and elective courses enable the graduates to expand their mind set and horizon.
i. Lulus Peperiksaan Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) dengan mendapat sekurang-kurangnya PNGK 3.00
ii. Mendapat sekurang-kurangnya Gred B (NGMP 3.00 ) pada peringkat STPM dalam mata pelajaran berikut :
• Pengajian Am
• Mana-mana dua ( 2 ) mata pelajaran berikut :
• Mathematics T
iii. Mendapat sekurang-kurangnya Tahap 2 (Band 2) dalam Malaysian University English Test (MUET).
iv. Cemerlang dalam penilaian temu duga.
Career opportunities include:
- Nurses at government hospitals and private hospitals as clinical nurses or as nursing experts or administrators.
- Nursing administrators at rehabilitative and nursing educational institutions, nurse counsellors and occupational health nurses in the various manufacturing industry.
- Nursing research officers in research institutions, hospitals and diagnostic laboratories of both public and private sectors.
- Nursing administrators or production officers in pharmaceutical and related industries and other health related industries.
- Nurses at nursing homes, sanctuaries, other health organizations that require nurses.
- Nurses at specialized institutions like forensic science of the police force and rehabilitative centers.
- Tutors/lecturers at public and private institutions of higher learning. Graduates can also register as graduate students and join the academic staff training programmes in institutions of higher learning.
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.
Other Courses in this Level of Study
Other Courses in this Field of Study
Back to Courses