Are you pretty sure of the career you want? Do you prefer to learn by doing? Are you keen on entering the workforce as soon as you can? TVET courses could be what you're looking for!
Fields of Study: Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Veterinary
by StudyMalaysia.com on March 17, 2017 | Career Guide
What’s It About ?
This field is all about the study of agriculture, forestry and fisheries. It involves the study of the theory and practice of growing, gathering, reproducing and caring for plants and animals as well as breeding and processing of fish and other edible aquatic resources. It also involves learning how to protect the environment and resource economics.
In addition, this field of study develops an understanding of animal genetics and reproductive techniques; and the theory and practice of farming, sustainable forest management, fisheries management, and the care of animals.
- Animal Breeders
- Animal Geneticists
- Animal Husbandry
- Animal Nutritionists
- Animal Trainers
- Aquacultural Managers
- Buyers and Purchasing Agents
- Conservation Managers
- Environmental Compliance
- Environmental Consultants
- Environmental Engineers
- Farm Equipment Mechanics and Technicians
- Farm Management Advisors
- Farm Managers
- Floral Designers
- Food Science Technicians
- Food Scientists and Technologists
- Forest Geneticists
- Geological and Petroleum Technicians
- Geological Sample Test Technicians
- Geophysical Data Technicians
- Government Agency Employees
- Livestock Production Managers
- Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics
- Nursery and Greenhouse Managers
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialists
- Park Naturalists
- Pest Control Specialists
- Recycling Coordinators
- Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
- Retail Salespersons
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Soil and Plant Scientists
- Soil and Water Conservationists
- Soil Scientists
- Supervisors of Agricultural Crop and Horticultural Workers
- Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
- Supervisors of Aquacultural Workers
- Supervisors of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers
- Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- Supervisors of Logging Workers
- Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators
- Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists
Courses Offered In This Field
Technical and vocational education under the Ministry of Education begins at the primary school level. At the primary level, students are introduced to the study of pre-vocational subjects that cover various aspects of manipulative skills. As the students progress into the lower secondary level, pre-vocational education is continued through a Living Skills subject, which provides students further exposure to various areas of simple vocational skills. Click here to find out more.
Career Options in Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Veterinary
Have you ever wondered why your career counsellor makes you answer questions about what you like (or don’t like) doing? Have you ever filled out a questionnaire that helped reveal your personality? Well, according to Holland, people who need help with career decisions can be supported by understanding their similarity to the following six vocational personality types. Read more here.
Realistic individuals are active and stable and enjoy hands-on or manual activities, such as building, mechanics, machinery operation and athletics. They prefer to work with things rather than ideas and people. Are you a realistic person? Read more here.
There are more than 500 career videos that you can watch to better understand the types of work people do in each occupation. These videos are grouped according to the career clusters below. Take a look now!
Must-Read Articles on Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Veterinary
Need a Copy? Download Order Form here
All rights reserved. No part of this editorial contents may be reproduced, copied, translated, or stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means without the written consent from the publisher Challenger Concept (M) Sdn Bhd (www.studymalaysia.com/challenger)