Occupational health and safety involves the assessment and minimisation of risks that may impact the health, safety or welfare of employees at a workplace. People who work in the field of occupational health and safety are responsible for ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
Environmental health is concerned with all aspects of the natural and built environments that affect the health of individuals and the population in general. Occupational health specifically deals with workplace health and safety. It has a strong focus on the primary prevention of hazards that can cause injuries and disease at the workplace.
Fields of Study: Occupational Health & Hygiene Services
by StudyMalaysia.com on June 13, 2018 | Career Guide
What’s It About ?
Occupational health and safety is the discipline of anticipating, recognising, evaluating and controlling health hazards in the working environment with the objective of protecting worker health and well-being and safeguarding the community at large.
It involves the study of chronic as well as acute conditions that result from hazards posed by physical agents, chemical agents, biological agents and stress in the occupational environment and the outdoors environment; and the development of corrective measures in order to control health hazards by either reducing or eliminating exposures.
- Compliance Analysts
- Compliance Officers
- Environmental Health and Safety Officers
- Environmental Health Education Programme Managers
- Environmental Health Specialists
- Hazardous Waste Coordinator
- Health and Safety Management Specialists
- Health and Safety Officers
- Health Service Officers
- Industrial Hygiene Specialists
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialists
- Occupational Health and Safety Supervisors
- Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Public Health Advisors
- Public Health Service Officers
- Regulatory Affairs Officers
- Safety and Health Coordinator
- Safety Coordinators
- Safety Officers
- Sanitation Inspectors
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
- Water Quality Specialists
Courses Offered In This Field
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Environmental, Occupational Safety and Health is a new programme offered by UTAR FEGT
As a university committed to offer strong undergraduate programmes which encourage the intellectual and personal development of students, as well as respond to professional and community needs, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) through its Faculty of Engineering and Green Technology (FEGT) is unveiling a new multidisciplinary programme integrating both “environmental health” and “occupational safety and health”.
Career Options in Occupational Health & Hygiene Services
Are you interested in helping a business prevent injuries and hazards in all work environments, and improve the general well-being of its employees? If your answer is yes, a career in occupational health and safety could be for you.
Must-Read Articles on Occupational Health & Hygiene Services
Need a Copy? Download Order Form here
All rights reserved. No part of this editorial contents may be reproduced, copied, translated, or stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means without the written consent from the publisher Challenger Concept (M) Sdn Bhd (www.studymalaysia.com/challenger)
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Marketing and sales is the study of identifying and developing markets...
- What is digital animation? If you are an avid movie buff, often surf t...
- Business management involves planning, directing and operating the fun...