20 great jobs to consider if you have good social skills
by StudyMalaysia on February 6, 2018 | Top Stories
Do you like serving as a volunteer or facilitator at a youth camp? Are you good at coaching your friends or younger children in sports activities? Do you enjoy helping relatives, friends and neighbours?
What skills do you think you have? And what do you think you’re particularly good at doing? By identifying the skills you have, you can begin to explore the best opportunities that help you to succeed in school, the workforce, and in life overall. Recognising your skills is a key step in choosing a good career goal for yourself. When you find a career that matches the skills you have, you have a higher chance of being successful and gaining job satisfaction. So what skills do you think you have?
Do you have good social skills?
Good social skills means you’re good at working with people, especially in order to achieve goals. You’re sensitive to the reactions of others and are able to understand and adjust to their reactions accordingly. You’re good at persuading others to change their minds or behaviour. You’re probably great at getting people to sign petitions or support a cause.
Other examples of good social skills include bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences in opinion. People with good social skills are also good at teaching others how to do something, such as coaching children in sports activities or tutoring students. If you have good social skills, it is likely that you are always actively looking for ways to help people.
If you think you have good social skills, you may want to consider these jobs.
- Community Service Managers
- Counselling Psychologists
- Customer Service Representatives
- Dental Hygienists
- Education Administrators
- Fitness Trainers
- General Practitioners
- Home Care Aides
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Occupational Therapists
- Personnel Recruiters
- Physical Therapists
- Public Relations Managers
- Registered Nurses
- Sales Managers
- Self-enrichment Education Teachers
- Social Service Workers
Sources for this article include:
You May Also Be Interested In...
- We've all heard of “the Useless Degree.” These “career-killer...
- What are your options after SPM? Choosing the right institution and co...
- If you have completed your STPM/A-Levels or an equivalent pre-universi...
- External Qualifications like A-Levels, IB or SPTM are very useful for ...
- School’s out finally! It’s time to say goodbye to those long assem...
- Are you interested in current affairs, entertainment and breaking news...