- Search Results
- Scholarships Explained!
Scholarship / Fund / Loan
- Deadline: 10 January 2024The Eiffel French Government Scholarships are prestigious international awards offered to outstanding foreign students pursuing Master's and Ph.D. programs in France, providing financial support and opportunities for academic and cultural develo...10 January 2024
- Deadline: OngoingExciting news! Unicaf is offering $1 million in scholarships for an online Bachelor's degree in Marketing from Unicaf University. Seize this golden opportunity to elevate your future!Ongoing
- Deadline: 15 September 2023Seize this opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills! This one-year master’s degree program enables Malaysians to pursue advanced studies in selected courses and universities across Japan!15 September 2023
- Deadline: OngoingSatu produk baru keluaran PTPK yang menyediakan pembiayaan patuh syariah untuk mereka yang ingin mendapatkan pinjaman dalam bidang kemahiran dinamakan sebagai Pinjaman Latihan Kemahiran Islamik (PLK-i).Ongoing
- Deadline: 11 Ogos 2023 (jam 12.00 tengah hari)Sukacita dimaklumkan bahawa Jabatan ini mempelawa pelajar lepasan Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia tahun 2022 untuk memohon penajaan Program Dermasiswa B40 Tahun 2023. Permohonan adalah secara dalam talian yang akan dibuka bermula 31 Julai 2023 (jam 12.00 te...11 Ogos 2023 (jam 12.00 tengah hari)
- Deadline: 8 October 2023Applications are now open to qualified Malaysian scholars (PhD’s) to undertake 3-6 months of research/lecturing at American universities during the FY2024/2025 academic year (September through May).8 October 2023
- Deadline: 16 Jun 2023 (jam 11.59 malam)Sukacita dimaklumkan bahawa Jabatan ini mempelawa pelajar lepasan Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia tahun 2022 untuk memohon penajaan Program Khas Jepun, Korea, Perancis dan Jerman (JKPJ) Tahun 2023. Permohonan adalah secara dalam talian akan dibuka bermula 1...16 Jun 2023 (jam 11.59 malam)
- Deadline: 16 Jun 2023 (jam 11.59 malam)Sukacita dimaklumkan bahawa Jabatan ini mempelawa pelajar cemerlang lepasan Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia tahun 2022 untuk memohon penajaan Program Penajaan Nasional (PPN) Tahun 2023. Permohonan adalah secara dalam talian yang akan dibuka bermula 12 Jun ...16 Jun 2023 (jam 11.59 malam)
- Deadline: 16 Jun 2023 (jam 11.59 malam)Sukacita dimaklumkan bahawa Jabatan ini mempelawa pelajar cemerlang lepasan Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia tahun 2022 untuk memohon penajaan Program Khas Lepasan SPM Dalam Negara (LSPM) Tahun 2023. Permohonan adalah secara dalam talian yang akan dibuka ber...16 Jun 2023 (jam 11.59 malam)
- Deadline: 8 June 2023We wanted to share the good news that the Perdana Fellowship programme is back and applications are now open! KBS has taken careful considerations and improvements to the programme. This is to ensure that Fellows continue to have a fruitful experienc...8 June 2023
Financial Aid Providers
In Malaysia, the sponsors of financial aid come from various categories. These include scholarships and loans offered by the government, non-governmental organisations, the private sector, government-linked companies and trade associations.
Types of Financial Aid
Higher education is one of the most important investments you will make in your lifetime. With the increasing cost of education, planning ahead is essential to finance your education. So what are some options you can explore? Here are some common ways students seek financial aid.
Scholarships are monetary awards given based on academic or other achievements and are non-repayable, which means you won't have to pay the money back. Scholarships are awarded by the government, non-government organisations, corporations and independent foundations.
You may have heard people using the terms 'scholarship' and 'bursary' interchangeably, however, bursaries are usually non-competitive and automatic, and often based on financial need without emphasis on academic standing.
Grants are similar to scholarships and also don't have to be repaid. The difference is that grants are often need-based while scholarships are usually merit-based. Grants are also given to students who carry out academic research projects.
- Education Funds
Education Funds are Scholarships or loans provided by the Government / foundation / private educational institutions / financial institutions to reduce the burden of financing a student's education expenses, whether locally or overseas.
- Tuition Fee Waiver or Discount
Many private higher education institutions in Malaysia offer partial or full tuition fee waivers or discounts based on merit (e.g. academic, sports, leadership roles). Recipients are often required to maintain a minimum CGPA to continue enjoying the tuition fee waiver.
- Unit Trusts & Insurance Schemes
These are typically investment schemes that parents undertake for several years to secure financial funding for their child's higher education.
Loans are financial obligations that must be repaid. Loans are mostly provided by private sector or government bodies.
Financing for Higher Education
The cost of tertiary education does not come cheap, but it is a lifetime investment for your future. Therefore whether your parents can afford your entire or partial cost of tertiary education, you are advised to go through this pathway in order to be competitive in your career advancement. If your family cannot afford the cost, you may work while studying part-time or look for some forms of scholarship, study grant, loan or other sources of financial aid to help you to pay for your education.
Read the article on Scholarships & Study Loans for Higher Education here.