|Deadline||31 May 2021|
|Organisation Type||Private Higher Educational Institutions|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia), STPM (Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia) and UEC (Unified Examination Certificate) students who have received their examination results are invited to apply to the Elena Cooke Education Fund for financial assistance.
Applications for the 2021 Elena Cooke Education Fund scholarships will open, as from April 19, 2021.
The Fund, set up in honour of the late Miss Elena Cooke, aims to help underprivileged young people, whether they live with their families or were raised in children’s homes and orphanages, to pursue quality education after SPM in local colleges or universities.
- Malaysians below 23 years old as at December 31, 2020 who have obtained at least 3As in the SPM and/or who meet other criteria as stated in the application form and the relevant educational institution’s course entry requirements.
- Household income must not be more than RM60,000.00 per annum in 2019 and not more than RM60,000.00 in 2020.
- Applicants who have already commenced their courses will NOT be eligible.
Preferred Disciplines & Scholarship Amount
Type of Scholarships
Applicants may apply for a scholarship to finance their study at any one of the following institutions, but only in respect of any of the selected courses indicated below and on the terms set out below:
Sunway – ECEF Scholarship
Applicants may apply for entry into any of the following courses available at Sunway College/Sunway University (Sunway campus in Selangor only).
Tuition fees and general fees (namely, fees other than tuition fees, but excluding refundable deposit) will be fully covered whilst allowances for accommodation, books and living expenses will be given for the entire course.
Applicants who wish to apply for a course in Sunway that is not listed below may apply for the partial scholarships referred to further below.
- Certificate in Finance, Accounting & Business(CFAB)
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Communication
- Diploma in Finance
- Diploma in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Information Technology/ Information Systems/Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Business Management/ Business Studies /Financial Analysis/Financial Economics
- Diploma in Culinary Art
- Diploma in Events Management
- Diploma in Graphic & Multimedia
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Interior Design
Partial Scholarship at Local Colleges/Universities
Partial scholarships are open for the colleges/universities listed below. Applicants must apply separately on their own. However, scholarships are NOT open for A-levels or Foundation level courses.
The Elena Cooke Education Fund reserves the sole and absolute discretion as to the amount of the scholarship.
- Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
- First City University College
- Han Chiang College
- HELP Academy/University
- INTI International University
- Kolej Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman
- Methodist College Kuala Lumpur
- Monash University Malaysia
- Nilai University
- Open University Malaysia
- Penang Medical College
- Sunway College/University
- Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Malaysia
- Taylor’s University
- The One Academy of Communication Design
- The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
- UCSI University
- University Tun Abdul Razak
- UOW Malaysia KDU
- Wawasan Open University
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Technologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
How to Apply
- Download and fill up the correct application form:
- Please read scholarship requirements as detailed in the application form.
- Send the completed application form and all attachments by Pos/courier/hand to:
Elena Cooke Education Fund
Suite #02, MBE MAIL BOXES ET
Lot F28, 1st Floor,
Centrepoint Bandar Utama
3 Lebuh Bandar Utama
47800 Petaling Jaya,
- All applications must be received by 5pm, May 31, 2021.
- Short-listed candidates will be notified by email.