|Deadline||6th March 2020|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
Is your child an academic superstar? A talented musician? Brilliant at sports? If they are any (or all!) of the above, then consider applying for a GIS scholarship! #BornToStandOut
At GIS, our outstanding academic results, extensive extra-curricular programmes and innovative approaches to teaching and learning place us amongst the best British international schools in the world.
Our scholarship programme is designed to reward and motivate talented students, whether they are outstanding scholars, musicians or sportspeople – or a combination of all three!
Throughout the year we launch different types of scholarships, both internal and external. Our A Level scholarships are open for applications now!
What is included?
All external scholarship recipients will get their registration and application fee waived (21,300RM benefit) and will also receive a discount on their annual tuition fees, depending on the type of scholarship awarded.
Current Scholarship Program open for Applications
Our A Level Scholarships are currently open for applications from Friday 24th of January until Friday 6th of March 2020.
The GIS A Level Scholarship 2020 is available to Malaysian students (Malaysian passport holders) who are currently attending public or private/international schools.
Scholarships will be awarded to students who can demonstrate significant excellence in either academic or co-curricular performance. Applicants should be able to demonstrate exemplary academic and/or co-curricular achievements to date, a commitment to helping others, highly developed collaborative skills and a capacity for abstract levels of thinking and reasoning.
The scholarship application is for admission into Year 12 in Term 1, 2020/21 commencing in August 2020.
Scholarship recipients enjoy a significant reduction in school tuition fees, up to 100%. Successful candidates will also benefit from the waiver of the Application Fee (RM1,300) and Registration Fee (RM20,000).
The scholarship committee comprises the GIS Principal, Head of Secondary, and a representative from the Leadership Team who will interview all candidates’ applications and meet to determine the final scholarship awards. A member of the relevant academic or co-curricular department may also be part of the selection process, depending on the nature of scholarship application.
- Application period 24th Jan 2020 to 6th Mar 2020
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Cognitive Abilities Test at GIS
- The Final Decision will be announced in April 2020
- This GIS Scholarship 2020 is available to students who are currently not attending Garden International School.
- Successful applicants are not able to receive more than one type of scholarship per academic year.
- Scholarships are valid for one academic year, though it is anticipated that the scholarship will be renewed each year subject to sustained academic performance and continued contributions to academics and/or co-curricular area/s at an extremely high level.
How To Apply?
Scholarship applications will be accepted from Friday 24th of January until Friday 6th March 2020 for admission into Term 1 2020/21 (commencing August 2020). Late applications will not be considered.
All scholarship applicants are required to submit the following
- Application for Admission form and required documents
- Please complete the form accurately and provide all required documents as stated on the checklist on the form. Download the form here. Note that you do not need to submit a Subjects Form yet, this will follow once you are accepted as a scholar.
- Personal Statement
- Please write a Personal Statement clearly detailing your strengths and abilities and how they could contribute to Garden International School.
- Application into Year 12
- A copy of the the most recent school report, IGCSE/SPM results OR the equivalent mock exam results and predicted grades;
- A copy of academic and co-curricular achievement certificates and awards
- Application into Year 12
- Teacher’s Recommendation
- Reference letter from the Head Teacher or Class Tutor of the current school, highlighting academic and co-curricular achievements in school
- Supporting Documents
- A copy of both parents’ Income Tax Return 2018 to the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia
- The GIS Scholarship 2020 Programme Terms & Conditions
- A signed copy of the The GIS Scholarship Programme 2020 Terms & Conditions
- Application Submission
- Please ensure all files are clearly labelled. Incomplete and/or late submissions will not be considered.
- Submission by email: send all of the above via email to [email protected]
- Submission by mail or by hand
THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE
GARDEN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
16 JALAN KIARA 3, Mont Kiara, 50480 KUALA LUMPUR