|Deadline||23 March 2019 / 27 March 2019|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Fund Type||Education Funds|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
Organised by Sin Chew Daily, the education fund provides funding for students who need financial assistance to complete tertiary education locally and assist them in electing free diploma / degree programs offered by domestic higher education institutions.
It reflects the importance attached to the human spirit, cares for the cold and vulnerable groups and helps to improve the level of social education.
Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be Malaysian citizens who were born on or after January 1, 1994.
- Applicants are not allowed to apply for scholarships with the results of the pre-test, and each person can only apply for one place.
- Applicants must understand that this scholarship is not in cash, but is a free academic course offered by each participating university (excluding living expenses) and is paid in the form of direct deduction of tuition fees. Therefore, before you apply, be sure to consider the basic living expenses.
- Excellent results in the Malaysian Diploma of Education / A Level / Malaysian Senior School Diploma / Uni-University Examination or other equivalent exams. Students who have not yet obtained the final total transcript or diploma are not eligible for the application.
- Active in sports and extracurricular activities.
- Not accepted or subject to any grants/scholarships offered by any institution or institution.
- Only selected applicants will receive an interview notice from the relevant university/college.
- At the time of the interview, the scholarship winner must submit the original diploma.
- The result of the jury election is the final decision; any relevant requests or complaints will not be processed.
- Students must meet the grades set by the college / university in order to be eligible for a scholarship.
- All colleges, universities and courses have different entry qualifications. Applicants can visit the Sin Chew Daily Education Fund
( http://www.sinchew.com.my/scedufund ) or directly to the relevant colleges and universities.
- Students may not waive, interrupt or switch courses, work or part-time jobs without the “Sin Chew Media” or the University/College during the course, unless the work is part of the course.
- Students may not participate in, participate in, or involve any “Sin Chew Media” or universities/colleges that believe that they will humiliate activities or group organizations in the advanced countries or Malaysia, or conduct illegal activities prohibited by any deep-rooted state or Malaysian law.
- Students must complete, attend classes, work hard and not absent (unless sick or short-term physical disability) for any lectures, tutorials, and courses specified in the course.
- Applicants must meet the academic standards set by the college for each semester before they can continue to receive scholarships for the next semester. At the same time, students must practice good behavior and follow all rules and regulations set by the college/university.
- Participating colleges/universities and “Sin Chew Media” are not obliged to extend the scholarships of the students after the expiration of the duration of their studies.
- "Sin Chew Media" reserves the right to add or delete the above rules and courses without prior notice. Any objections will not be processed.
- In the event of a conflict of meaning between the Chinese and English versions, the English version shall prevail.
- The scholarships are not directly supplied by the “Sin Chew Media”. Instead, the Sin Chew Daily is used to receive the number of academic courses offered by participating universities and colleges. Students must sign a contract with the scholarship provider when necessary.
- Applicants who have lost the "2019 Sin Chew Daily Education Fund" will be eligible for additional selection (subject to eligibility) provided by the Sin Chew Daily Reader Program.
How To Apply
You may refer to the following application steps:
- First, applicants must register and become a member on the official website of the Sin Chew Daily Education Fund.
- After successfully registering as a member, applicants can directly access the Sin Chew Daily Education Fund website to launch an electronic application form.
- After completing the completed information, please print out the electronic application form.
- After signing the printed application form, send it along with the relevant documents to the address below.
Sin Chew Daily Education Fund
Sin Chew Media Corporation Berhad (Corp Comm & Promotion Dept)
19 Jalan Semangat
46200 Petaling Jaya
- Submit document image reference:(Download PDF, 6.53MB)
All letters must be entered online or printed clearly. Once the applicant is found to have misrepresented the information or deliberately concealed the information, it will be eliminated immediately. The required documents must be presented along with the application. Applications that are overdue will not be accepted. All applications must be enclosed in an envelope and indicated in the upper left corner of the envelope to select a tertiary institution/discipline.
Note: The mailing credentials are not sufficient as evidence that the document has been received.
Open for application on February 3, 2019.
- Online registration: 23 March 2019
- Mailing form: 27 March 2019
*based on the deadline published in Sin Chew Daily
Courses and Universities / Colleges Offered
For course details, please refer to www.sinchew.com.my/scedufund website for full list of courses.