|Deadline||10th - 14th day after the announcement of the SPM/STPM results|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Fund Type||Education Funds|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
- To aid the poor and /or needy students to further their tertiary studies by helping them to obtain free diploma /degree courses pledged by participating educational institutions locally.
- To further enhance the value of humanity and great sense of social responsibility, caring for the poor or needy, and helping to upgrade the education level of the community.
Applicants MUST fulfill the requirements below
- The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen born on or after 1st January 1995.
- Trial Examination results do not qualify for the scholarship award. Each person is eligible to apply for 1 or 2 courses. If applying 2 courses, the criteria are as follows:
- 2 individual courses from 1 university/ college.
- 1 individual course from 2 universities/ colleges.
- The applicant must understand this scholarship is not cash award, but will be in the form of academics courses to be offered by the participating educational institutions with the direct deduction from tuition fees (living expenses are excluded). Therefore, it is advisable to measure the basic cost of living before proceed with an application.
- Students must possess good results in SPM/A-Level/ STPM/ UEC or other equivalent qualifications. Students who have not obtained final results or certificate are not eligible to apply.
- Students must be active in sports and extra-curricular activities.
- Students must not be bonded or in receipt of any financial aid or rewards from other educational organisations or institutions.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be notified for interview by the respective Colleges/ Universities.
- The applicants must produce original copies of the examination results and all other relevant documents during the interview.
- The selection committee’s decision in all matters pertaining to the selection of the scholarship award is final and no appeal, inquiry or correspondence will be entertained.
- Students must meet the minimum requirement set by the Colleges/ Universities in order to be qualified for selection.
- Different colleges, universities and courses have different entry requirements. Please logon to Sin Chew Daily Education Fund official website (https://scedufund.sinchew.com.my/) or liaise directly with the colleges or universities concerned for more details.
- The recipient is not to discontinue or switch Course or to take up any full or part time employment while pursuing the said Course without the prior written approval of “SCMCB” or The College/ University concerned unless such employment is part and parcel or related to the said Course.
- The recipient is not allowed to participate in any form of illegal activity or join any unlawful organisations which in the opinion of “SCMCB” or The College/ University would embarrass or cause disrepute to all parties concerned throughout the study period.
- The recipient is to attend all classes, lectures, tutorials and lessons as required by the said Course regularly and diligently unless he or she is medically unfit to do so.
- Applicant must meet the minimum requirement set by Colleges/ Universities in order to be eligible for the next semester’s scholarship awards. The recipient is required to obey all rules and regulations of the participating College/ University at all time and is expected to conduct himself/ herself in a respectable manner.
- The participating College/ University and “SCMCB” are not obligated to extend the award beyond the existing academic period.
- “SCMCB” reserve their right to add or amend the rules and regulations contained and course/ programme listed herein without prior notice. No complaint whatsoever shall be entertained.
- In the event of any conflict between the Chinese and English versions as stated in this application, the English version shall prevail and shall be the principal and primary text of interpretation.
- The awards are not directly offered by “SCMCB” but will be in the form of tuition fee waivers for the academics courses to be offered by the participating educational institutions through “SCMCB”. The recipient may be required to sign a scholarship agreement with the participating Colleges/ Universities if necessary.
How To Apply
- Applicant is required to register online as a member via Sin Chew Daily Education Fund Official website.
- Once successfully registered, the applicant must log in to activate the E-application form through Sin Chew Education Fund website.
- The E-application form must be completely filled and printed out.
- Upon signing the printed application form, please attach the relevant documents, and post to the address as shown below.
Pictures reference for documents submission: Download PDF
Please note that any false particulars, information, documents, untruthful material facts or misrepresentations will subject you to disqualification. The application form should be electronically submitted and printed out clearly and must be accompanied by the required documents and must be submitted before the published closing date. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt. The selected course(s) and college/ university must be clearly written or printed on the top left hand corner of the envelope. The “Sin Chew Daily Education Fund” ’s address is as follows:
Sin Chew Daily Education Fund
Sin Chew Media Corporation Berhad (Corp Comm & Promotion Dept)
19 Jalan Semangat,
46200 Petaling Jaya,
Open for application on February 3, 2020.
- For Online Sign Up: 10th day after the announcement of the SPM/STPM results
- For Posting Application Form: 14th day after the announcement of the SPM/STPM results
*based on the deadline published in Sin Chew Daily
Courses and Universities / Colleges Offered
For course details, please refer to https://scedufund.sinchew.com.my/en/index.php website for full list of courses.