|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Fund Type||Education Funds|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
Teach For Malaysia Fellowship Programme 2019 / 2020 is an award-winning Leadership Development Programme. Gain professional training and support while you expand opportunities for students in the highest-need schools.
Teach For Malaysia is looking for leaders who are effective communicators, eager to learn, self driven, and adaptable to challenges to create change in high-need communities.
354 fellows and counting. Join the 9th cohort now to begin your leadership journey.
Apply now to receive an early decision.
What's In The Fellowship?
On our programme, Fellows learn through direct involvement in a broad variety of roles and responsibilities. Here’s a brief of the journey:
Your journey starts with two months of intensive residential training that prepares you to be a leader in the classroom.
TEACHING IN SCHOOL
You’ll teach for two years in a high-need school. As a full-time teacher, you’ll work in collaboration with other teachers and community leaders to improve students’ educational outcomes.
Regional Events are key opportunities to build community and connections between Fellows, Alumni, and staff, and to focus on Fellows' personal vision and development.
COMPLETING YOUR PGDE
During the Fellowship, you will study towards a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) which qualifies you to continue your career in teaching after the two years.
SECOND YEAR INITIATIVES
How do you create continuous impact? Fellows are expected to lead an initiative to solve a problem they identify in their community.
This annual event is an opportunity for Fellows to network and pitch their 2nd year initiatives to a select panel of corporate leaders for funding and support.
After the Fellowship, Fellows are inducted into the Alumni community.
Fresh graduates and working professionals are welcome to apply.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Be a Malaysian citizen
- Be aged 32 years or younger
- Possess a minimum grade of credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any non-education discipline
- Not possess an Education Qualification to teach in public schools
- Have a strong academic track record (Minimum CGPA of 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper or equivalent)
- Have strong written and verbal English communication skills
The Application Process
The process from your initial online application until your assessment centre should take between 6-7 weeks.
Your progression through the next stages is dependent on the time of year.
- Online Application - Fill in the form and submit your resume along with a few personal reflections. You’ll also need to pass an English Language Assessment. Read handy tips!
- Phone Interview - Let us get to know you better through a conversation with one of our interviewers.
- Assessment Centre - Prepare and teach a sample lesson to a mock class, participate in a group discussion and attend a one-on-one interview.
- Ujian Kelayakan Calon Guru (UKCG) - Conducted by the Ministry of Education. Shortlisted candidates must be in Malaysia to sit for this exam. Arrangements can be made for overseas candidates.
- Rancangan Orientasi Sekolah (ROS) - Candidates shadow a Fellow for a week to gain practical experience and insight into classroom learning.
- Pre-Service Programme (PSP) - Candidates attend a residential training institute to develop core leadership, hone teaching skills and prepare for the Fellowship.
Register your interest now! Click here to apply for the Fellowship