|Deadline||15 April 2018|
|Organisation Type||National Higher Education Fund Cooperation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
This prestigious and exclusive scholarship is offered to excellent students with high leadership talent. It provides financial support to potential graduates who are pursuing studies at Bachelor’s Degree level at any IPTA or IPTS in the country. Recipients of this scholarship are named Tunku Scholars.
- Basic requirements
- Citizen of Malaysia.
- Not more than 25 years of age at the closing date
- Eligibility requirements of Academic and Co-curriculum
- School leavers of STPM / Asasi / Matriculation / Diploma * who achieved a CGPA of 3.50 and above and / or also open to full-time graduates of Bachelor’s Degree at IPTA or IPTS in the country who obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.50, and have at least 2 years remaining to finish their studies.
- High Credit in Bahasa Malaysia and English Language at SPM level.
- Possesses the characteristics of outstanding leadership and active participation in extra-curricular activities, especially at school or university.
* The awarding of BTAR is subject to the applicant receiving entry into a local IPT in the country.
- Short-listed applicants will be required to attend a Leadership Traits Observation programme and attend the Selection Interview sessions arranged by YTAR.
The scholarship amount is in accordance to the current approved amount.
Status Of BTAR Recipient
To preserve the status of BTAR as a prestigious and exclusive scholarship, any Tunku Scholar who fails to maintain the achievement of the CGPA of 3.50 and above may be given a penalty such as being downgraded to the:
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Studentship (DTAR) or
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Education Grant (PPTAR) or
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Foundation Special Scholarship (BKYTAR)
- Or have the scholarship terminated and be stripped of the title ‘Tunku Scholar’.
Application opening date : 1 March 2018
Application closing date : 15 April 2018
Only candidates who have attended the Leadership Traits Observation programme will be called for the Selection Interview. Candidates who are not contacted after 3 months from the closing date of the application are considered unsuccessful.
Click the BTAR Application Form 2018 to fill it online and print the form.
Application form with the required documents MUST be sent at the following address:-
Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman
A-10-10, Menara UOA Bangsar,
No. 5 Jalan Bangsar Utama 1,
59000 Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur.