|Deadline||30 November 2018|
|Organisation Type||Private Higher Educational Institutions|
|Study Local or Abroad?||International|
Awarded to citizens of Malaysia who undertake undergraduate or postgraduate coursework study in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics & Law (excluding the MBA).
About The Award
The Malaysia Global Leaders Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for high achieving students from Malaysia to further their studies in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Law. Challenge yourself academically and develop the skills to thrive in constantly changing and competitive business environments. Successful Global Leaders scholars will receive:
- $5,000 tuition fee scholarship.
- You will simultaneously develop your employability skills though priority access to exciting programs on offer through our award-winning Student Employability Team, as well as receive exclusive invitations to selected ‘Invite only’ seminars, presentations, and events throughout your studies. Upon graduation, you will join a global network of outstanding Global Leaders scholarship alumni, and build upon your professional networks at home and abroad.
Please click here to view the Scholarship flyer.
- Citizens of Malaysia who normally reside in Malaysia and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Students who wish to commence their program at UQ in Semester 1, 2019
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange)
- Criteria is based on academic excellence, and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
- Undergraduate opportunities: students who have completed, or are completing A levels, STPM, GCE, SAM, AUSMAT, UEC or Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent senior secondary study in Malaysia), as well as those students currently studying at a recognized higher education institution (and seeking credit transfer into the UQ Bachelor) are encouraged to apply.
- Postgraduate opportunities: high achieving students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institution are also encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
- Lodge an official application online here for your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program. You must apply for your chosen degree program first before applying for the scholarship.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the scholarship application closing date).
- Once you have received your offer, complete the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law International Scholarship Application Form online here. You will be required to submit the following with your scholarship application:
- Personal/motivational statement
This statement should be no more than 1,000 words and address:
- The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
- Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrates your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer, if available (in English). The academic reference letters should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.
Please ensure that you read through all information outlined above and provide relevant documents as outlined in the Scholarship and UQ Application Forms.
If your application for your chosen degree program has not been assessed by the scholarship application closing date, unfortunately we cannot take your scholarship application into consideration.
Opening / Closing Dates
For commencement of studies at UQ in Semester 1, 2019:
Applications open 1 May, 2018 and close on 30 November, 2018
For commencement of studies at UQ in Semester 2, 2019:
Applications open 1 December, 2018 and close on 30 April, 2019
Please refer to the Scholarship Terms and Conditions here.
Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries About This Scholarship
Faculty of Business, Economics & Law