Bachelor of Psychology (Hons)
Offered by: Open University Malaysia (OUM)
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||Internal Degree, Malaysia|
|Course Duration||4 years & 4 months - 13 semester|
|Part Time/Full Time||Part Time/Distance Learning (ODL)|
|Campus||35 learning centres nationwide: Central Region: Petaling Jaya, Sri Rampai, Bangi, Kuala Selangor, Shah Alam, Banting Eastern Region: Kota Bharu, Kuala Terengganu, Kuantan, Temerloh, Kuala Lipis Northern Region: Alor Setar, Sungai Petani, Seberang|
|Faculty||Cluster of Education and Social Sciences|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Social Sciences|
Bachelor of Psychology with Honours is an open and distance learning programme with the aim of helping learners have a better understanding of human behaviour. The programme covers a wide range of topics including introduction to psychology, social psychology, developmental psychology, personality theories, health psychology, behaviour, motivation, and organisational and cognitive psychology.
This programme will ensure that students have a better future in career advancement. If you work in an organisation related to human resources, personal development, training, counseling, social work, market research, advertising, sales or any job which needs a lot of interaction, this course is definitely for you.
1. STPM or its equivalent with minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in 2 subjects AND credit in Mathematics and Science and pass in English at SPM level; or
2. Pass STAM (Jayyid level) AND credit in Mathematics and Science and pass in English at the SPM level; or
3. UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics, Science and English; or
4. UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics and Science and pass in English; or
5. Pass Matriculation/Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 out of 4.00; AND credit in Mathematics and Science and pass in English at the SPM level; or
6. Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 out of 4.00; AND credit in Mathematics and Science and pass in English at the SPM level; or
7. Diploma in Psychology with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 out of 4.00; or
8. Other recognised equivalent qualifications.
The credit requirement in Mathematics and Science and pass in English at the SPM level for candidates (1), (5) and (6) can be exempted if the qualifications comprise of Mathematics, Science and English and the achievements is equivalent to/above the requirements of the subjects at SPM level.
• Malaysian; and
• Candidate must be 21 years old and above in the year of application being made; and
• Have previous working experience/learning relevant to the field applied; and
• Pass APEL Assessment for Bachelor Degree (conducted by OUM).
English language competency requirements for international students: Minimum IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
January, May, September
Graduates can expect to be employed in an organisation that deals with human resource and skills, personal development and counseling services.
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.