Postgraduate study is often undertaken for very practical reasons - to enhance career prospects and for overall personal and skills development. The opportunities open to you, as an individual with a Master of Science in Logistics Management degree, will vary according to what you want from your future career and what you have to offer employers. Your career opportunities will depend on your reasons to undertake the programme which may include:
- Enhancing career prospects (promotions, overseas posting, etc)
- Enhancing career rewards (pay rises in tandem with higher academic Academic Qualificationss)
- Preparing for a new career (in preparation for a change in industry)
- Aspiring to professions in higher education (lecturing in tertiary institutions)
- Aspiring to professions in research or training (in research universities or research centres)
Our postgraduates are equipped with transferable skills such as academic achievement, organisational and communication skills, analysis, commitment, practicality, maturity, decisiveness, intellectual creativity, capacity for hard work, group dynamic skills, research / project management skills, and cross cultural awareness that will translate into employability skills for spearheading their career.
Qualified graduates can be employed as Logistics/Distribution Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Assistant Logistic Manager, Import / Export Managers, among others. Generally, the job description and responsibilities vary according to the specific job role and whether the employing company is a manufacturer, retailer or a specialist service provider.