|Deadline||5 July 2021|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Fund Type||Education Funds|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
The Fellowship is a Leadership Development Programme that trains Fellows to become changemakers in the education system. Fellows are given the chance to teach in high-need schools to deepen their understanding of the education landscape and the roots of education inequity, in order to lead change in the lives of students.
The Fellowship is designed to give aspiring changemakers like yourself the opportunity to develop your leadership skills and understanding of the education system. By being placed in a high-need school as a full-time salaried teacher, you will experience first hand the challenges in education at the grassroots level. Throughout the 2-year programme, you will be assigned a coach who will help you on your journey of personal growth.
Through the Fellowship, you will lead, inspire and impact classrooms and communities, and create transformational change in their leadership and public school system.
Why the Fellowship?
- Gain direct experience in the education sector - A unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience teaching and problem solving at the grassroots of education.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education - Gain a fully sponsored qualification that allows you to continue teaching in the public school system.
- Transform the education system as a TFM Alum - Be a part of our growing network of Alumni who are working together to transform education for all children.
Develop yourself while you develop the nation.
- Grow your personal and professional network - Work alongside highly passionate and outstanding like-minded leaders championing the same vision and mission.
- Accelerate your career - Develop a set of strong, transferable skills that apply to any career pathway.
- Earn a Competitive Graduate Salary - You will be employed by the Ministry of Education and will receive corresponding salary and benefits.
To be eligible to join the Fellowship, you must
- Be a Malaysian citizen, aged 32 years or younger at the start of the Fellowship
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Have strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Possess a minimum credit (C) for Bahasa Melayu in SPM
- Be a graduate from a local public or overseas university recognised by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and Ministry of Education (MOE)
- Have a strong academic track record as stated in this table:
|Eligible to apply||3.50 – 4.00|
|May apply, but eligibility is subjected to consideration and approval of the selection committee||3.20 – 3.49|
The Application Process
Your journey through the application process will take approximately 4 weeks.
- The Application Form and English Test - Upon submitting your application on our website, you will receive a link via email to complete the second half of your application. Help us get to know you better and demonstrate your understanding of Teach For Malaysia in your short essay responses. You will be informed of the outcome within 2 weeks of submitting Part 2 of your application.
- Phone Interview - You will be invited for a 30-minute phone conversation with one of our Selection team members. We may ask you follow-up questions to understand better your personal experiences and motivations to join the Fellowship.
- Assessment Centre - You will be invited to attend a full-day assessment at our office, during which you will participate in three distinct sessions: a mock teaching activity, a role playing activity, and a one-to-one interview with one of our Selection team members. If you are situated overseas, you may be invited to participate in a virtual assessment centre.
- Provisional Offer - Upon successful completion of the previous stages, you will receive a conditional offer for the Fellowship. The offer is dependent on the successful completion of your studies (see eligibility criteria) and the Ministry of Education assessments (see next step).
- Ministry of Education (MOE) Assesments - You will need to fulfil requirements of the Ministry of Education, including but not limited to, the Ujian Kelayakan Calon Guru (UKCG), which comprises of a basic fitness test and a written test, and an interview with the Ministry of Education.
- Preparing For School - Before beginning your training in October, you will be invited to shadow a Fellow in school for a week to deepen your understanding of the Fellowship. There will also be several events and virtual sessions for you to connect with staff, Alumni, and your future colleagues.
The applications are currently open for the 2021 and 2022 Cohort. Applications for 2021 Cohort will close on 5th July 2021 for the 2022 Cohort.
Start your application now and our recruiters will reach out to you to support you.
For enquiries on your application, email us at [email protected]
Got a question? Check out Teach For Malaysia FAQs.