|Deadline||31 July 2021|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
The Federated Teochew Associations of Malaysia is offering scholarships to Malaysian Citizen & Malaysian descendants of Teochew origin or children from poor family who have fulfilled entry qualifications to Universities or are currently pursuing courses in the Universities.
- Scholarship will be given to not more than 15 (fifteen) qualified applicants.
- Onetime payment of RM6,000 will be awarded to qualified applicants.
- Open to Malaysian Citizen & Malaysian descendants of Teochew origin or children from poor family who have fulfilled entry qualifications to Universities or are currently pursuing courses in the Universities.
- The scholarship awarded is for the current year only and may apply again for the following year if necessary
- Other study grant, study loan or scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply. The committee reserves the right to disqualify the application.
How to apply?
- Applicants should fill the prescribed form in duplicate and submit his/her application together with the following:
- 2 1/2” photograph - 2 copies
- Photostat copy of NRIC(both sides) - 2 copies
- Certified True copy of: Results of the Secondary School Leaving Certificates or Pre-University results or other equivalent - 2 copies
- Letter of acceptance from university, payment of entrance fee, student card or document proof of study in current university and results - 2 copies
- Autobiography (not more than 500 words) - 2 copies
- Testimonial from school (if any) - 2 copies
- Copy of parent’s Income Tax Assessment Form (FORM B/BE). For those who have no income tax form, Must submit proof of payroll from the Employer or by the respective Teochew Association - 2 copies
- Date of Application: 15th June 2021 to 31st July 2021. Forms are available from the respective Teochew Association or the Secretariat of the Federated Teochew Associations of Malaysia or download from website (teochew-malaysia.org).
- Applicants should fill the forms accurately and concisely, stating family circumstances and income of parents for purpose of verification.
- Completed forms should be submitted before 31st July 2021. Late application will not be entertained.
- The application form must be signed and witnessed by a respective official of the respective Teochew Association.
- Scholarship holder shall submit degree certificate / certificate of completion to the Committee after graduation and provide employment information for filing purposes. Respective Teochew Association might reward the graduation in their anniversary ceremony. Those who meet the requirements will also be recommended to become a member of the association nearby.
- Incomplete application will be null and rejected.