Welcome to the Postgraduate Channel.

Postgraduate study is significantly important when you aim to reposition your career or to begin scientific research.

Featured Course


Offered By: Monash University Malaysia

The objective of the course is for students to demonstrate a thorough understanding of relevant research techniques in their field through a review of the relevant literature. They will then demonstrate their ability, under supervision, to apply relevant research techniques to their chosen field of study. Students will be able to:

  • Identify and define a research question
  • Identify the appropriate research methods to address the research question
  • Demonstrate mastery of their chosen research methodology
  • Communicate their research findings in a format appropriate to their academic discipline, and
  • Write up their research into a high quality master’s thesis.

Research students enrolled for M.Eng.Sc. (Res) are required to undertake a research project in their area of specialisation. Major areas of specialisation include: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering, Materials Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.

Mode of study: Research

This degree by major thesis is intended to provide a candidate with basic training in the methodology of research, and to gain in-depth insight into an important topic of current engineering interest. Prospective students should talk to potential supervisors about possible research topics and explore areas of interest. Although not essential, most people embarking on a research degree
already have a preference for a particular area of research arising from personal interests. Supervision in the areas of Physics and
Mathematics for Master of Science (Research) and PhD is also available through the School of Engineering. The normal length of
candidature is 2 years (full-time) or 4 years (part-time).

Duration of study: 2 years of full-time research
Course fees: RM30,000 per year

Entry requirements:

  • A degree with honours I (first-class honours) or IIA (upper second-class honours) in the relevant research area.
  • To meet the university’s English language requirements.