A favourite with a twist! Daging Masak Hitam with Bamboo Shoot
by StudyMalaysia.com on June 4, 2019 | Top Stories
Daging Masak Hitam is a popular dish to serve at almost any sort of family gathering. This Hari Raya, try out this Daging Masak Hitam recipe which is cooked with bamboo shoots—a famed dish in Northern Malaysia presented by Chef Norhayati Hussin from Berjaya University College.
Daging Masak Hitam with Bamboo Shoot
0.5kg beef tenderloin (Australian)
1pkt 4 sekawan
0.06kg coriander leaves
1pkt curry powder (beef)
0.05gm curry leaves
0.1gm chilli paste
0.3gm fresh or canned bamboo shoots
0.1gm sweet soya sauce
0.03gm dark soya sauce
0.1gm chilli paste
0.1gm green chilli
- Peel outer of bamboo shoot skin, slice and boil 10-15 minute until it becomes soft.
- Blend onion, lemongrass and ginger into a paste.
- Blend tomatoes.
- Slice beef.
- Sauté blended ingredients (onion, lemongrass and ginger) together with 4 sekawan and curry leaves. Cook until it's translucent and fragrant.
- Add in chilli paste, curry powder and cook until it's fragrant.
- Add in blended tomatoes.
- Add in beef and slow cook until beef is tender.
- Add in sweet soya sauce and a little bit of dark soya sauce.
- Add in sliced bamboo shoots and green chillies.
- Season with a little bit of salt, sugar and pepper.
- Lastly, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- By default, most millennials don’t have much savings yet as they’r...
- Are you working on your term assignment? Or writing an essay? Or perha...
- While this is a trying time for many of us, let’s look at what caree...
- If you're thinking about going for a career in science, technology, en...
- The speaking test for students sitting for the PT3 exam will begin in ...
- Every college or university has its legacy of ghost stories. We don't ...