Ramadan Recipes - Bamia Kambing
by StudyMalaysia.com on May 16, 2019 | Top Stories
If you’re looking for some recipes to help you prepare for iftar or sahur during the holy month of Ramadan, Berjaya University College and StudyMalaysia have teamed up to offer you a series of recipes that help you stay healthy and energized.
Bamia is the Arabic word for okra or lady’s fingers. Bamia kambing or lamb bamia is a stew made with lamb cubes and lady’s fingers in a tomato sauce base. The stew originates from Africa and the Middle East with many variations depending on the country. There are vegetarian versions as well as those made with beef instead of lamb. Try out this satisfying stew today!
- ½ kg lamb meat – cut into large cubes
- 3 tbsp meat curry powder
- 2 tbsp ground almond
- 3 Bombay onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 300g ginger (Blend curry powder, almond, onion, garlic and ginger.)
- 300 g lady’s fingers
- 3 cups coconut milk or evaporated milk
- 2 large tomatoes – cut in wedges
- Few pieces of curry leaves
- 300ml cooking oil or ghee
- Salt to taste
- Cut the lamb meat into cubes and wash thoroughly.
- Marinate the lamb with the blended spices. Set aside for one hour
- In a pan, heat some oil and fry the lady’s fingers until half cooked. Set aside.
- Place the marinated lamb in a fairly large pot and add the coconut milk or evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Simmer on a medium heat until meat is tender.
- Add tomato wedges, lady’s fingers, curry and coriander leaves. Continue to simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Season to taste.
- The Bamia Kambing can be served with savoury rice or bread (pita, paratha, baguette).
You May Also Be Interested In...
Applications for public universities, polytechnics and community colleges (academic session 2017/18) to start on 6 February 2017Are you planning to apply for a place at a public university, polytech...
Whither are you bound after your A-level?The time has come for the announcement of the Cambridge International ...
Introducing our Minister of EducationYB PUAN FADHLINA SIDEK, MINISTER OF EDUCATION MALAYSIA, a social activ...
Program pra-universiti mana yang anda patut pilih?Sekiranya anda mempunyai kelayakan SPM dan anda merancang untuk mengik...
A university student's cost of living in MalaysiaIn a survey on the ‘Most Affordable Cities for Students between 2016...
UPM and UTM among 150 best young universities in the worldIn Malaysia, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) and Universiti Teknologi ...