Ramadan Recipes - Lompat Tikam Labu
by StudyMalaysia.com on May 30, 2019 | Top Stories
Are you looking for some recipes to help you prepare for iftar or sahur during the holy month of Ramadan? Berjaya University College and StudyMalaysia have teamed up to offer you a series of you don’t want to miss.
Lompat Tikam Labu
(Steamed pumpkin and coconut layer local dessert)
Pumpkin - 250 gm
Castor sugar - 50 gm
Coconut milk - 300 ml
Rice flour - 65 gm
Salt to taste
- Clean, steam and puree pumpkin.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients until well combined and strain the mixture.
- Stir in the pureed pumpkin and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the moulds.
- Cover with aluminum foil and steam for 10 minutes or until it is firm.
- Continue with coconut layer.
Rice flour - 1 cup
Coconut milk - 3 cups
Water - ½ cup
Salt - ¼ teaspoon
- Mix all ingredients together and stir until the rice flour dilutes.
- Strain the mixture.
- Pour on the steamed pumpkin layer and continue steam for 10 minutes or until it has become firm.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Serve with palm sugar syrup, thickened coconut milk and glutinous rice.
Palm sugar syrup
Palm sugar - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Pandan leaves - 2 leaves
- Chop palm sugar and mix with water and pandan leaves.
- Boil until sugar dissolve.
- Stain and chill before use.
You May Also Be Interested In...
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Environmental, Occupational Safety and Health is a new programme offered by UTAR FEGTOver the years, the awareness of global environmental problems has ris...
- You will be pleasantly surprised by the variety of study opportunities...
- When you think about college or university, what do you think are the ...