A sweet date this Raya - Raisin Oatmeal and Date Cookies
by StudyMalaysia.com on June 1, 2019 | Top Stories
It’s time to crank up the oven and get your siblings, friends and cousins over for a baking marathon. After all, what's Hari Raya without sweet treats?
Berjaya University College and StudyMalaysia have teamed up to offer you some recipes that you simply must try! This raisin oatmeal and date cookie recipe by Chef Razif Haron is bound to score you some serious cookie (brownie) points with your family.
Raisin Oatmeal and Date Cookies
125g brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla essence
100g cake flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp salt
100g rolled oats
120g golden raisins
50g chopped walnuts
50g chopped dates
- Mix butter and brown sugar well until creamy.
- Add in egg slowly followed by vanilla essence.
- Slowly pour in dry flour mixture and salt.
- Set oven temperature at 160°C and mould the dough to small round shapes. Bake for 15mins or until golden brown.
This recipe yields 22 pieces of 30g cookies.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Attention school leavers! Applying for scholarships? Check this list f...