Management & Science University (MSU) is one of Malaysia's top universities, with a focus on developing and delivering quality human capital in national and global critical-need areas.
The award-winning home-grown study programmes of the university meet stringent standards set by both local and international bodies.
MSU has been accorded ‘Excellent Status University’ twice on the national university-rating system, and named the ‘Most Entrepreneurial Private University’ by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. A recent rating by QS 2016 Rating placed MSU on world-class standards when it awarded 5 Stars to the university for ‘Teaching, Employability, Facilities, Social Responsibility, and Inclusiveness’.
MSU gives top priority to building both students and faculty and enhancing graduate employability. Engaging highly qualified academics and international visiting professors, the university delivers compelling learning experiences within the framework of a holistic curriculum.
Collaborative, industry and enterprise embedded MSU blends global exposure with extensive industrial training to enrich the personal competencies of its graduates. Its global mobility initiatives for student exchange, leadership development, and market immersion empower MSU graduates with the well-roundedness desired and sought after by employers.
A graduate tracer study by the MoHE shows 98.6% of MSU graduates secure employment within six months of their graduation.
As an applied and enterprise university, MSU offers programmes of study at postgraduate, undergraduate, and foundation levels, through connected pathways that admit students from all walks of life and personal backgrounds.
All programmes offered are approved by the Malaysia Qualifications Agency (MQA), professional bodies such as the Malaysian Medical Council, Malaysia Pharmacy Board, Malaysia Optical Council and Malaysian Nursing Board. These programme are offered through:
- Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
- Faculty of Business Management and Professional Studies
- Faculty of Information Sciences and Engineering
- International Medical School
- School of Hospitality & Creative Arts
- School of Education & Social Sciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Graduate School of Management
- School of Graduate Studies
- Center for Foundation Studies
What makes us special?
MSU ensures that students are ready to face the real world. Technical knowledge and practical skills are instilled among students, making them invaluable additions to various talent pools across the industry. Students are also encouraged to be involved in social entrepreneurship programmes, including community engagement projects and other charitable work, both locally and abroad.
As the university continues to maintain its relevance, focus on entrepreneurship and employability is given a top priority. MSU has its University Industry Advisory Panel (UIAP); these engagements include CEOs and top level managers coming over to get up-close and personal with the students about their professional experiences.
MSU makes sure that their students are balanced and well-rounded individuals through special courses such as Graduate Employability Skills (GEMS) and the Personal Enrichment Competency (PEC) programmes.
Academic Facilities & Resources
- Well equipped classrooms and lecture theatres
- An extensive collection of learning and reference materials are available, more than 70,000 titles of various disciplines and e-brary
- A computer lab
- Wireless campus
- In campus banking
Student support services
The Students & Career Development (SCD) department complements the faculties and centres of learning of the university in areas of students’ personal and professional developments. The SCD serves as a hub for campus life as a variety of student-based events are jointly organised between the department and the various clubs and associations under its purview. The department provides counselling and assistance on the general welfare of students, housing and alumni networking.
The Foundation that is Yayasan MSU is an organisation that seeks to create quality human capital. It relentlessly champions excellence and vigorously partakes in endowment. It provides opportunities, creates possibilities, and powers progress.
- A 5 Star QS Rating - Teaching, Employability, Facilities, Social Responsibility, and Inclusiveness.
- The Most Entrepreneurial Private University by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia.
- Employability rate of 98.6% - a graduate tracer study by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia.
- Twice rated as an "Excellent University", Tier 5 by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia.
- Excellent in Discipline Hospitality & Tourism and Health Sciences, Tier 5 (D-SETARA) by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia.
- Premier University status by the Accreditation Services for International Colleges (ASIC), UK.
- Accredited by Alliance on Business Education and Scholarship for Tomorrow (ABEST 21), Japan.
- Approved institution by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Sri Lanka.