If you’ve just graduated or will be graduating soon, you might be wondering how much salary to expect when applying for your first job in Marketing / Sales. Here is a guide to the average salary of entry level job in Malaysia for Marketing / Sales according to JobStreet.com’s 2017 salary report.
Trends in technology, new products and services, and consumer habits are changing faster than ever – to stay competitive, the marketing industry creates new jobs with new tasks all the time. Here are some marketing-related jobs that didn’t exist before the Internet; some didn’t even exist 10 years ago. But the demand for these jobs are definitely not slowing down!
Fields of Study: Marketing and Sales
by StudyMalaysia.com on March 17, 2017 | Career Guide
What’s It About ?
Marketing and sales is the study of identifying and developing markets, and promoting and selling goods and services. It involves applying the principles and practices of selling and interacting with clients, managing stock, merchandising, pricing, distribution, developing marketing strategies, identifying consumer needs and developing strategies to fulfill them.
The aim of this field is to develop an understanding of the theories of buying and selling goods and services, marketing theories, product development, the development of strategic marketing plans, and consumer behaviour.
- Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate
- Business Teachers
- Computer Programmers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Sales Workers
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
- Marketing Managers
- Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
- Procurement Officers
- Property and Real Estate Managers
- Public Relations Managers
- Purchasing Agents
- Real Estate Brokers
- Retail Managers
- Sales Engineers
- Sales Managers
- Sales Representatives
- Search Marketing Strategists
- Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- Survey Researchers
- Wholesale and Retail Buyers
Courses Offered In This Field
Career Options in Marketing and Sales
A career in marketing and sales is in high demand and can take you to almost any industry – from fashion to fast-food, banks, charities, cars, tourism, education and more. If you’re ready to make an impact, the marketing and sales field is ready to get you on board.
Confident? Self-motivated? Results-oriented?
Do even the most mundane of advertisements pique your interest? Do you often find yourself studying the intricacies of ads rather than skipping them right off the bat? If so, then a career in marketing could very well be your calling. Should you embark on this professional path, you will be tasked with running campaigns to help your clients spread the word about their products and services.
Must-Read Articles on Marketing and Sales
Need a Copy? Download Order Form here
All rights reserved. No part of this editorial contents may be reproduced, copied, translated, or stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means without the written consent from the publisher Challenger Concept (M) Sdn Bhd (www.studymalaysia.com/challenger)
You May Also Be Interested In...
- If you’ve just graduated or will be graduating soon, you might be wo...
- Marketing and sales is the study of identifying and developing markets...
- Do you know what they call a person who knows many languages? A polygl...
- Have you ever wondered why your career counsellor makes you answer que...