Malaysian universities make their mark in THE's emerging economies university rankings 2019
by StudyMalaysia.com on January 29, 2019 | Top Stories
The University of Malaya climbed from the 27th spot to 18th in The Times Higher Education Emerging Economies University Rankings 2019, making this its highest position so far in the ranking.
In this ranking, the same 13 performance indicators as the THE World University Rankings are used to judge institutions on their teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook. However, the indicators are recalibrated to reflect the development priorities of universities in emerging economies which are classified by the FTSE as “advanced emerging”, “secondary emerging” or “frontier”.
Here’s a quick look at the key highlights of the rankings:
The #1 spot goes to Tsinghua University, China
442 universities from 43 countries feature in the table
University of Malaya is ranked #18
11 Malaysian universities are represented in 2019, up from 9 in 2018
India is the second most-represented country with 49 institutions, up from 42 last year
The third and fourth most represented countries go to Brazil and Russia
The top 20 universities are listed below:
Here’s how Malaysian universities fared:
|University of Malaya||=18|
|Universiti Teknologi Petronas||60|
|Universiti Teknologi Malaysia||86|
|Universiti Sains Malaysia||105|
|Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)||=117|
|Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia||132|
|Universiti Putra Malaysia||=145|
|Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)||=187|
|Universiti Utara Malaysia||201–250|
|Universiti Teknologi MARA||351+|
|Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)||351+|
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Applications to public universities, polytechnics, community colleges ...
- The job of a logistics and distribution manager involves transportatio...
- Do you enjoy helping children learn or discover something that excites...
- Did you know that about 70% of all medical decisions are based on labo...
- The MyQUEST 2014/2015 results have been released. So what has changed ...
- Many universities in the UK and Australia accept the English 1119 qual...