Fields of Study: Personal Services
by StudyMalaysia.com on March 17, 2017
What’s It About ?
Personal services workers help individuals, families or companies meet their personal needs. It describes many different kinds of occupations that provide a service to others.
The personal services field consists of individuals or companies engaged in food catering, cleaning, laundry, household repair, lawn maintenance, hair and beauty, daycare and funeral services, as well as personal enrichment services, such as test preparation, and fitness and dance classes. You might work at an office of business, hospital, school, nursing home, spa, hotel, or gym. Or, you might work in your own home.
- Coordinators (child care and adult day care centres)
- Childcare Workers
- Customer Service Officers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Early Childhood Educators
- Education Coordinators
- Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors
- Funeral Attendants
- Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists
- Health Educators
- Healthcare Social Workers
- International Student Advisors
- Managers (child care and adult day care centres)
- Manicurists and Pedicurists
- Massage Therapists
- Morticians, Undertakers, and Funeral Directors
- Personal Care Aides
- Preschool Teachers
- Recreation Workers
- Skincare Specialists
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Sports Coach
- Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers
- Teacher Assistants
Source: Education Guide Malaysia 14th Ed.