19 HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS FORGE AN AGREEMENT FOR PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION WITH THE MALAYSIA BOARD OF TECHNOLOGISTS
PUTRAJAYA, 17 OCTOBER 2023 –19 Higher Education Institutions (IPT) and Skills Training Institution (ILK) for the first time signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Malaysia Board of Technologists (MBOT) which allows graduates to register as members of the professional body.
This agreement represents a significant milestone for higher education particularly technology and technical programmes, as graduates from MBOT-accredited programs will gain automatic recognition. The accreditation of academic programmes conducted by MBOT meets the competencies required by a professional technologist and technician. In addition, MBOT's accreditation complies with the latest technological innovations and industry development in term of competency and marketability.
The recognition was achieved through the MoU which involved a network of academic collaborations between MBOT and 19 IPT and ILK namely;
1. Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP);
2. Universiti Malaysia Pahang Al-Sultan Abdullah (UMPSA);
3. Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM);
4. Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM);
5. Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM);
6. Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK);
7. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM);
8. Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR);
9. Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP);
10. Monash University;
11. Tunku Abdul Rahman University of Management and Technology (TAR UMT);
12. International Medical University (IMU);
13. Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN);
14. Peninsula College;
15. UCSI University cawangan Bangladesh;
16. Kolej Universiti TATI (UC TATI);
17. INTI International University;
18. Management and Science University (MSU); dan
19. Terengganu Skills Development Centre (TESDEC).
"This is also in line with the government's recent announcement of RM 6.8 million allocated to the TVET sector in Budget 2024 which, among others, targets more industry-recognised professional recognition to TVET graduates. The Board holds unwavering confidence in the programmes accredited by MBOT, ensuring they are aligned with the standards for producing technologists and technicians who are equipped with knowledge and skills demanded by both the industry and the nation. Graduates in these programmes will be eligible to be recognised as Graduate Technologists and Qualified Technicians upon graduation, thus becoming the heart of technology development that will contribute to the development of the country's economy," said Prof. Datuk Ts. Ir. Dr. Siti Hamisah binti Tapsir, President of MBOT.
The MoU exchange ceremony was held in conjunction with MBOT Technology and Technical Education Townhall 2023 on 17 October 2023 in Putrajaya. The session gathered 150 attendees among the top management of the institutions including Vice-Chancellors, Deputy Vice-Chancellors and representatives of the institutions.
Datuk Ts. Wan Hasmar Azim Bin Wan Hassan, Chief Executive Officer of Weststar Aviation Services Sdn. Bhd., was also present to deliver a talk on "Community of Practice: Emerging Dimensions in the Industrial Ecosystem."
Malaysia Board of Technologists (MBOT) is a professional body that provides professional recognition to Technologists and Technicians in the field technology and technical. MBOT was established under the Technology and Technicians Act 2015 [Act 768] to recognize, promote and develop the profession of technologist and technician as professionals.
For more information, please contact:
Malaysia Board of Technologists (MBOT)
+603-8800 6268/+6017-798 2604
You May Also Be Interested In...
- The following diagram gives you an overview of study options for stude...