Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Fashion Design
Offered by: Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC)
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||Internal Bachelor Degree, Malaysia|
|Course Duration||3 Yrs|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Fees||35300 / Course|
|Fees (International Student)||61800 / Course|
|Campus||KL Main Campus|
|Faculty||Faculty of Communication and Creative Industries|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Arts & Design|
This programme integrates theoretical and specialized practical knowledge to prepare students for careers in the fashion industry. Professional seeking to upgrade skills in apparel construction, pattern making, draping, tailoring and other related fashion design related areas can also pursue this programme for career enhancement. The curriculum blends creative and intellectual approaches to visual-design innovations encompassing learning in both traditional and computer-generated designs. This stimulates students to develop their own sense of design and style and enable graduated to excel in the competitive local and international fashion industry.
This programme is designed with a focus on acquiring the technical and professional skills required by the fashion industry. At the same time, it hones students personal fashion signature and prepares them for entry-level employment namely costume designer, assistant fashion buyer, fashion designer or seamstress.
Whether you want to make your mark as a designer, fashion stylist, or the force behind driving demand for the latest designs, this programme ensures that you will be all prepared for a thriving and creative industry.
(1) STPM - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(2) A Level - Grade D in 2 relevant subjects
(3) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include English Language
(4) TAR UC - Foundation in Arts (Track C) OR Relevant Diploma
(5) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma accredited by MQA AND SPM Pass/O Level Grade E (Pass)/UEC Grade B in English Language Compulsory subject:
(1) and (2) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass) in English Language (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5) must include **MUET Band 3/IELTS Band Score 5.0/equivalent and Pass a specified portfolio test conducted by TAR UC.** ** Exempted for students whose programme full medium of instruction was in English.
a) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Bachelor Degree.
b) TAR UC Diploma will be accepted on credit transfer into Bachelor Degree programmes.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Subject to the Ministry of Higher Education latest requirements.
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.