QS World University Rankings® 2021
by StudyMalaysia.com on June 11, 2020 | Top Stories, University Rankings
In the world’s top universities this year ranked by QS World University Rankings® 2021, Malaysia has five universities ranked among the world’s top 200.
The results for the QS World University Rankings® 2021 which were released on 9 June 2020 ranked 1029 universities from 82 different locations. Among the highlights of the seventeenth edition of the QS World University Rankings® are:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology is named the world's best university for a record-breaking ninth consecutive year
- The top 3 universities in the world are the same from the previous two years
- Universiti Malaya reaches a record high at 59th place
- Asia's top university is the National University of Singapore (11th)
- China's Tsinghua University reaches a new all-time high (15th)
There were no newcomers in the top 10 universities. Here’s the top 10 list:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States
- Stanford University, United States
- Harvard University, United States
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech), United States
- University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- University of Chicago, United States
- University College London, United Kingdom
In Malaysia, a total of 20 universities were ranked this year with Universiti Malaya moving up to 59th position, improving 11 places and recording its highest ever rank. Most of the other universities showed a marked improvement in their rankings from the previous year.
Among the public universities, Universiti Teknologi Petronas had the biggest jump from a ranking of 482 to 439, followed by Universiti Teknologi Malaysia from 217 to 187. The best performer among the private universities is Taylor’s university at 379, rising from the 511-520 band in last year’s ranking. UCSI is the next highest ranked private university in Malaysia at 391.
You May Also Be Interested In...
So you wanna be an occupational health and safety specialistWhatever job you have in whatever industry, there is always the possib...
What study options do I have after SPM / IGCSE?You will be pleasantly surprised by the variety of study opportunities...
Asean Young Quality Assurance Officers Forum and Roundtable Meeting 2015The ASEAN Young Quality Assurance Officers Forum and Roundtable Meetin...
Internships: Why they matterAh, the holidays! Many of us would have had dreams of beaches and rela...
Study In Malaysia: Law CoursesIf you are interested in law and government and think that you'd be go...
Study Options after SACECongratulations to all students on your achievement in the South Austr...