Questions you should ask at a college or university open day
by StudyMalaysia on March 14, 2019 | Top Stories
Going for an open day but not sure what questions you should ask? Are you feeling muddled by all the things you need to find out? Our checklist will set you off on the right foot.
Attending an open day is a great way to experience first-hand what a campus environment is like. This is your chance to check out the campus grounds, talk to lecturers and students, and find out more about the courses you’re interested in. But hold on—don’t get blown away by all the information heaped at you. You’ll find it easier to make a decision later if you organise a checklist of things you need to find out on that day.
So what questions should you ask at an open day? Here’s a checklist to get you started!
Phew! That was a long list of questions, but we’re not done. Before you make a decision, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do you like the campus? What do you like most/least?
- Does the university/college have clubs and societies that suit your interests?
- Does the university have sports facilities, and can you see them?
- Does the social life appeal to you?
- Can you imagine yourself here for at least three years?
While it’s tempting to go to a university/college where your friends are going, try not to make a decision based on that. You’re bound to make new friends and it's your life (not your friends’!), so do make the decision for YOU and you’ll thank yourself.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Want to know which schools and universities have the confidence of con...
- So SPM results are out, finally. And now that you have your results, t...
- Have you ever wondered why your career counsellor makes you answer que...