An Opportunity for a Liberal Arts Education, a Scholarship, and an Experience of a Lifetime
by StudyMalaysia.com on November 16, 2015 | Top Stories
This piece of news about education is simply too good not too share. Written by an alumnus of the all-women Wellesley College in the US, Gabriel Yong Wei Chong tells us about a little-known opportunity for Malaysian female students who may be interested in a liberal arts course at her alma mater.
So what's a liberal arts programme like? At schools like Wellesley, you are required to be proficient in both basic communication (writing) and mathematical (quantitative reasoning) skills. You also need to master at least one foreign language, take at least three science/maths classes and take at least three humanities classes, among others.
According to Yong, these are some of the reasons why you should apply to study at Wellesley:
- Wellesley has some of the best professors in the world
- Wellesley has some of the most diverse and engaging classes in the world
- You'll be surrounded by some of the most inspiring young people in the world
- The college has a unique culture and character of its own
- Wellesley is 100% committed to meeting the financial needs of every student who is accepted
We know, you read point number 5 twice. You might be wondering what ‘meeting the financial needs of every student who is accepted' means. Yong explains that if an accepted student's family is unable to fund the cost of tuition, Wellesley will provide a financial aid package that is tailored to the student's needs.
It might shock you but the criteria for this grant is not necessarily a string of As under your belt. There's more – the student is not required to repay the grant, and there's no bond after graduation.
- Scholarships & Study Loans For Higher Education
- 5 Ways To Fund Your Education
- List of Active Scholarships & Financial Aids
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Many students dream about going abroad to study in western countries l...