QS World University Rankings 2018
The results for the QS World University Rankings® 2018 has just been released. This latest rankings includes nearly 1,000 universities from 84 countries around the world. So which universities made it to the top 10? Here’s the list:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States
- Stanford University, United States
- Harvard University, United States
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech), United States
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- UCL (University College London), United Kingdom
- Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- University of Chicago, United States
- ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
So how did Malaysian universities fare? Nine Malaysian universities were included in the ranking with Universiti Malaya coming out tops at 114. The top five universities all showed tremendous improvement in their rankings from the previous year; UKM had the biggest jump from a ranking of 302 to 230.
|2018 ranking||2017 ranking||University|
|=114||=133||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
|229||270||Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)|
|=230||=302||Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)|
|253||=288||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia|
|=264||=330||Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)|
|601-650||601-650||Universiti Teknologi Petronas (Petronas)|
|701-750||601-650||International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)|
|701-750||701+||Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)|
|751-800||701+||Universiti Teknologi MARA - UiTM|
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Are you a university student or do you work at a higher education inst...
- Now that you have a better understanding of your own personality and i...
- Have you ever wished you could study for a bachelor’s degree while y...
- Home-grown Bachelor's Degree that have 'Advance Standing or ...
- A career in the accounting and finance field can be a very smart decis...
- Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh announced that the Ma...