|Deadline||30 October 2020|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
The Alice Smith School has been serving the community of Kuala Lumpur since 1946, and throughout that time has prided itself on providing outstanding academic rigour accompanied by an impactful holistic education. With over 40 nationalities, we understand and celebrate the diversity of our community which enriches the lives of us all.
As a not-for-profit school from the very beginning, we recognise the importance of reinvesting every ringgit of school fees into student learning which remains at the very heart of what we do. To echo and reinforce our commitment to our local community, we offer the following scholarship programmes which allow students to excel, thereby giving them access to the best universities in the world. In this way, we hope that all our students reach for the stars.
The KLASS Scholarship is part of our philanthropic approach to education for students not currently enrolled in our school. It is a full scholarship which aims to benefit high achieving post-SPM Malaysian students who have limited financial means.
Scholars will have demonstrated consistently outstanding academic achievement, will be aiming for an international level of education at a good university, and must fulfill all the criteria (see below) for entry onto A Levels in our Sixth Form. Scholars are expected to push themselves in all aspects of learning, attain high levels of excellence in both academic and non-academic fields, and become a fully involved member of our school community.
In the past, graduates from the KLASS Scholarship programme have moved on to world class universities.
We understand that KLASS Scholars may struggle to attend outstanding universities around the world after A Levels which is why we have introduced the Foundation scholarship to assist KLASS Scholars into university for the duration of their undergraduate course.
We believe that through generosity of time and care and attention to every individual, we find a way to bring out the best in all people and create an enduring sense of belonging to something very special. We invite you to join our community and reach for the stars through our scholarship programme.
Recipients of the KLASS Scholarship will start their studies in January 2021 and join the second term of Year 12. It is anticipated that scholars will complete their A Levels in five school terms, hence the scholarships will run from January 2021 to July 2022, with an extension of time into the 2022-2023 academic year only if required.
How To Apply
The application must be submitted no later than Friday 30th October 2020 to the following address:
Ms Agnes Chang
The Alice Smith School
No. 3 Jalan Equine
Equine Park, 43300 Seri Kembangan
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Email: [email protected]
To apply for a KLASS Scholarship you need to complete the following documents:
- Completed application form.
- A 250-word personal statement (see notes below).
- A copy of your SPM forecast results and recent school report.
- A letter of recommendation from your current Principal (or teacher).
- A letter of recommendation from an adult outside the school environment who knows you through your extra-curricular activities such as sports, music, arts, or community service.
- A copy of your parents’ most recent Income Tax Return form and a copy of the e-filing document. In any instance where this is not available, evidence of weekly or monthly payment with employment details must be provided. This is confidential and is only used to determine financial need.
- You must be able to meet the criteria for entry into our Sixth Form. Please click here for more information.
- The Alice Smith School is a day school, located in Equine Park, Seri Kembangan, some 20 minutes south of Kuala Lumpur. Whilst transport is available, we use a private bus company and thus the scholarship does not cover transportation fees. Transportation routes are restricted to existing routes. Please click here for more details.
- The KLASS Scholarship is a full scholarship which includes all tuition fees, building levy and enrolment fees. All textbooks and materials, external examination fees, and curriculum-based visits are also covered within the scholarship. Food and optional school visits, however, are not included. Additional payments will be required for extracurricular activities not covered in the normal range offered by school, or for surplus on trips.
- Your 250-word personal statement is your opportunity to tell us why you should become an Alice Smith Scholar. You need to demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment to the A Level programme, and to the extracurricular activities offered at Alice Smith. You will need to demonstrate your ability to fit into an international environment and to aim high in your future goals. You also need to demonstrate that you are a well-rounded student, with both academic and extra-curricular interests. You may wish to include photographs or videos with your written statement.