|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Fund Type||Education Funds|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
About AMMA FoundationThe AMMA Foundation was established in 1980, as a Company limited by guarantee and not having Share Capital. Its principal objective is to assist needy Malaysians to pursue their studies at approved institutions of higher learning in Malaysia. The Foundation is a not for profit charitable organization with tax-exempt status that offers a study loan to talented and deserving students who are financially challenged. Due consideration will be given on a need and merit based application. The Foundation believes that one of the most tangible ways to uplift the general economic status of our community would be to upgrade the educational level of our young people at universities and colleges.
ProceduresA Committee of the Board will review and consider all applications received and if eligible, interview the selected candidates prior to awarding the loan.
The ‘topping’ up of loan on a six (6) monthly basis is not automatic and is at the sole discretion of the Loans Disbursement Committee and the AMMA Foundation Board, and on the candidate’s results to date. A written request should be submitted together with the candidate’s latest results. The candidate must maintain a CGPA of at least 3.0 and above in each semester’ exam.
Repayment of study loans shall be made by monthly installments as stated in item (5) below, the first of such payments to be made on a date falling not later than six (6) months from either (a) the date the student loan recipient graduates in his/her said course of study; or (b) the date of employment of the student loan recipient, whichever or shall be the earlier date.
Subsequent payments of monthly instalments shall be made on the first day of each calendar month following the date of the first payment until the study loan has been settled in full pursuant to applicable terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, sub-paragraph (b) shall only be applicable to candidates pursuing Medical or Dental degrees.
- Applicant must be Malaysian citizen
- Full-time Diploma/Degree courses
- Local & Foreign Universities and Colleges only
- Proof of Employment for Masters Applicants (for working students)
- Medical & Dentistry Courses
To remain eligible for subsequent drawdowns, candidates must ensure they pass all examinations and maintain a CGPA of at least 3.0 and above each year.
3. Loan Amount
The loan amount varies according to the courses and the each individual candidates financial position:
- Degree courses: up to RM7,500 per semester (2 semesters per year) OR RM5,000 per semester (3 semesters per year) (RM15,000 per year x No. of years; maximum RM45,000)
- Diploma courses: RM4,500 per semester (2 semesters per year) (RM9,000 per year x No. of years; maximum RM27,000)
- Masters courses : maximum of RM 20,000
- Two (2) guarantors are needed. Each guarantor must have an income of more than RM 2,500 per month
- Immediate family members do not qualify and cannot stand as guarantors
- Documents such as Income Tax (EA Form)/two (2) months payslip/letter from employer or any other documents to support income declaration are required
- Be employed in Malaysia and less than 60 years of age. Those above 60 must give substantial proof of net worth, and may be accepted at the sole discretion of the Board
- Copies of Guarantor’s Identity Card must be submitted
- AMMA Foundation will not accept Guarantors who have been previously declared a bankrupt
- Candidates shall commence repayments upon gaining full employment or six (6) months after graduation, whichever is the earlier.
- RM 300 per month (minimum) for Diploma and Degree graduates
- RM 500 per month (minimum) for Masters graduates
6. How to Apply
The Loan Application Forms can be downloaded online and checklist must be furnished with copies of the relevant documents. Only fully completed Loan Application Forms with all the relevant supporting documents will be considered.
The Loans Committee will conduct an interview with the selected candidate.
Upon notification of approval, submission of agreement shall be within the period of two (2) months.
The Education Committee Chairman
No. 40-B, 2nd Floor
Lorong Rahim Kajai 14,
Taman Tun Dr Ismail
60000 Kuala Lumpur
- All applications will be attended to within 21 days from receipt of application.
- Please ensure you applications are delivered to the correct address.