|13 October 2023
|Private Sector / Organisation
|Study Local or Abroad?
Astro Scholarship Award
Start With A Dream, Finish With A Future
Empower Tomorrow’s Leader with Accessible Education
Astro believes that education is the foundation of any society. Education creates informed and knowledgeable leaders of tomorrow. The Astro Scholarship programme is to provide opportunity to bright and deserving individuals with the skills, knowledge, values, and attitudes to be Astro future leaders. Astro invites application from pre-university students who are pursuing their first-degree course in the eligible field of studies on full-time basis at recognized public and private universities and colleges in Malaysia for the intake of 2023/2024.
Apply now and kickstart your dreams with Astro for a future with endless possibilities!
What Does the Programme Covers?
- Total scholarship amount not exceeding RM40,000 per annum, for a 3-year degree programme
- The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and study materials.
- Internship opportunity in Astro Group
- Employment in Astro upon graduation
Who Are You
- A Malaysian IC holder
- Aged 25 and below
- Min 3A’s for STPM / A-Levels or min CGPA 3.3 for Matriculation / Foundation/Diploma
- Total monthly combined household income of RM4,850 and below
- Strong leadership qualities through active participation in extra-curricular activities, community service, and/or sports events
- Willing to serve Astro Group for a specified term upon graduation
- Not bonded with other company or receiving other scholarships
- Commencing or currently undergoing full-time first-degree programme
Field of Studies
Open to Pre-University leavers and students undergoing their first full-time degree pursuing tertiary studies in:
- IT / Computer Science/ Software Engineering / Cloud Architecture
- Data Science / Mathematical Science
- Finance / Accounting / Economics
- Marketing / Marketing Communication / Communication Media Studies
- Business Studies / Business Administration
- Art and Design
- Journalism / Broadcasting
- Mass Communication / Public Relation
- Human Resource
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the closing date for the scholarship application?
The scholarship application will be open from 14 August to 13 October 2023. All applications must be received by 13 October 2023, late submission will not be considered.
How many times in a year does Astro offer scholarships?
Once a year, after the announcement of STPM and Diploma results.
Who can apply?
Open to Malaysian aged between 17 - 25 years with a combine household income of not more than RM4,850 per month.
Do you offer sponsorship to study overseas?
No, the scholarship is offered to full time courses in Malaysia only.
Will I have to work for the Astro group after I graduate?
You will be bonded to one full year of study equivalent to 1 year of employment bond with Astro Group, max of 3 years.
More FAQ click here
Application opens from 14 August 2023 to 13 October 2023