|Deadline||2 November 2021|
|Organisation Type||Government Agencies|
|Study Local or Abroad?||International|
The Chevening-Khazanah Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (“FCDO) and Yayasan Khazanah. The programme gives awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from Malaysia to study a one-year taught Master’s degree in any field at top ranking British universities as indicated by the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings.
This scholarship covers:
- University tuition fees
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
- Applicants must be a Malaysian citizen and intend to return to Malaysia at the end of the period of study.
- Hold an undergraduate degree that permits entry into a Master’s programme at a UK university.
- Have completed at least two years’ work or equivalent experience, before submitting their Chevening application.
- Have not already received or be receiving financial benefit from an Her Majesty’s Government funded scholarship.
- Not hold dual nationality where one nationality is British.
- Not be employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than two years before) of Her Majesty’s Government including the FCDO (including FCO Posts), the British Council, DFID, MOD, BIS, UKTI and UKBA, the Association of Commonwealth Universities or Yayasan Khazanah or any of their wholly-owned subsidiaries.
Chevening and Yayasan Khazanah
Chevening Awards provide a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. By partnering with Chevening, Yayasan Khazanah is able to provide more opportunities for eligible candidates to gain the invaluable experience of studying in the UK, networking with other Chevening and Chevening/Yayasan Khazanah scholars.
How to Apply?
Scholarship applications are through the Chevening online application system. For more information, please visit www.chevening.org/malaysia.
- Timeline: 6th August – 2nd November 2021
- Where To Study - Approved universities in the UK
- Study Level - University (Postgraduate study)
- Scholarship - Full