|Deadline||5 March 2018|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship is a fully funded undergraduate scholarship that offers much more than financial support. It reaffirms CIMB Group commitment towards supporting the growth of the region by investing in the next generation of talent to ensure a robust talent pipeline for the firm, consistent with their vision to be the leading ASEAN company.
Providing more than financial support, they are committed to grooming scholars to be career-ready and become the next cadre of leaders who would contribute towards the consistent growth of the firm.
Being in top-ranked universities, coupled with their student-focused programmes, as well as their buddy and mentor support system, scholars will benefit from industry exposure and professional insights to broaden their educational experience, towards becoming accomplished professionals, who, in turn, would help CIMB achieve greater heights in a highly competitive environment.
CIMB ASEAN Scholarship’s value propositions:
- Full scholarship coverage: All tuition fees, living allowances, home trips, insurances and all other related fees
- Career experience and opportunities: Internship placement at any CIMB office region-wide, post-graduation employment with CIMB
- Mentorship & buddy support system: Industry exposure, professional insights as well as useful tips related to the campus, city, culture and/or course of study
- ASEAN appreciation programmes: Involvement in CIMB’s ASEAN communitity initiatives as well as regional events for graduates
- CIMB cultural assimilation: Participation in CIMB’s culture awareness programmes, networking with current management trainees of CIMB employed under The Complete BankerTM, CIMB Fusion, as well as with management staff of CIMB, periodical updates on the happenings in CIMB, etc.
- Integrated development programmes: Leadership development, personal effectiveness, etc.
The CIMB ASEAN scholarship is a full bursary that covers all tuition fees, living allowances, home trips, insurances and all other related fees, and is open to citizens of ASEAN countries in which CIMB has a presence. In recognition of how the banking industry has evolved, CIMB has accepted academic disciplines like Chemical and Civil Engineering, apart from those regularly associated with banking like Accounting, Economics, Finance and Law.
Eligibility and Scholarship Coverage
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarships are awarded to eligible individuals who are citizens of either one of these countries: Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Philippines.
In recognition of how the banking industry has evolved, CIMB has accepted academic disciplines like Chemical and Civil Engineering, apart from those regularly associated with banking like Accounting, Economics, Finance and Law.
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarships are now open for undergraduate studies in any academic discipline, for those who
- Have received or expected to receive an offer to pursue or are currently pursuing undergraduate studies in any academic discipline in any reputable university in the world
- Are aged 24 and below
- Have obtained academic excellence in pre-university exams/assessments, which may be country-specific, local or foreign/international; or at the undergraduate level if you are already in your first or second year of university (with min 2 years remaining of undergraduate study)
- Are not holders of any other scholarship or grant with contractual obligation on the part of the applicant
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship is a full scholarship award covering all academic fees including registration, tuition and examination fees, book allowance, as well as other expenses such as accommodation, airfare, travel documents and other related expenses.
How To Apply?
Click here to apply for the CIMB Scholarship.
The application dateline for the scholarship is 5 March 2018.
Only applications submitted by the stipulated closing date will be accepted. Any applications made after the deadline will not be considered.
Selection Process & Criteria
The assessment process comprises three stages as follows:
All applications will be screened to ensure that all eligibility criteria are met.
Shortlisted applicants will go through online assessments.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by a panel of interviewers.
Shortlisted applicants will undergo a 2-day-1-night boot camp.
Shortlisted applicants will undergo a final interview with the top management of CIMB Group.
The selection of suitable candidates for the CIMB ASEAN Scholarship will be based primarily on the following:
- Excellent results at pre-university exams/ assessments (and with an unconditional offer to a good university at the point of award)
- Excellent results in university exams, if you have enrolled
- Track record of achievements in extra-curricular activities, and other personal achievements.
- Results of the online assessments, boot camp and interviews that reveal leadership and teamwork qualities, interpersonal skills, high energy level, and personal attributes such as a strong desire to learn and succeed.
CIMB Group reserves the right to amend these criteria from time to time.
Important information regarding the selection process:
Shortlisted candidates will only be notified for Stages 2 onwards. To facilitate the notification process, applicants must ensure that all contact details provided in the application form are accurate and updated. If you are shortlisted, CIMB will get in touch with you via email. Therefore, please check your email from time to time.
For more information on faqs, please visit https://www.cimb.com/frequently-asked-questions.html