|Deadline||26 April 2019|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local & international|
The Genting Malaysia Scholarship is aimed to help ambitious students across Malaysia reach their fullest potential. Transform your life now and prepare for the brilliant future you have always desired.
Don’t put your future on hold! Apply today and let Genting Malaysia Berhad open up your world to endless possibilities.
About Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award
The Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award (GENM Scholarship) provides qualified young Malaysians with the golden opportunity to further their studies locally or overseas. We offer financial assistance for students who have excelled academically and demonstrated active leadership to undergo their undergraduate studies. This scholarship will help qualified recipients to establish a strong foundation for their future in the following fields,
- Hospitality Management
- Culinary Arts
- International Hotel & Resort Management
- Parks and Recreation Management
- Event Management
- Economics/Actuarial Science/MORSE
- Engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Mechatronic)
- Information Technology
All applicants need to prepare a 1-page Power Point summary to help us understand who you are, and why you deserve this scholarship. Applications are to be submitted online. Please note that application is only available online. GENTING MALAYSIA DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS. Closing date is 26 April 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an assessment.
Applicants must meet the following criteria when applying for the Genting Malaysia scholarship:
- Malaysian citizen aged 23 years and below.
- Must be waiting for admission to pursue a full-time degree course in a local or overseas university.
- Must possess the requisite pre-university qualification:
- STPM: minimum 3 As, OR
- Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.0 or above, OR
- A-Level: minimum 3 As, OR
- Australian TER: minimum 90.0, OR
- Recognized foundation/Diploma courses: equivalent to CGPA 3.0 or above, OR
- International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.0
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated through active participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Family household income not exceeding RM5,000.00 per month.
- Not presently holding other scholarships or study loans.
- For the preferred fields and approved universities, please refer to FAQ.
How To Apply
- All scholarship applications and supporting documents must be submitted via the online submission system before the closing date.
- All required fields (i.e. personal particulars, information on courses applied, particulars of parent/guardian, education background, etc.) must be completed. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Applicants must submit the following supporting documents together with their application form:
- Passport-sized photograph
- Education certificates (STPM/A-Level and/or Diploma certificates, university acceptance/offer letter, etc.)
- Updated resumé - including applicant's co-curricular/extra-curricular activities, achievements and certificates
- Parent's/Guardian's Income Tax J-Form
- One (1) page PowerPoint summary of yourself, illustrating your personal profile, aspirations, academic background, and any other relevant facts.
- The total size for all attached documents should not exceed 6MB and each attachment’s size should not exceed 500KB. Please ensure that you meet the size requirements before submission because you will not be able to submit your application otherwise.
- Optional: Applicants are encouraged to submit a Vsume uploaded onto Youtube (>60 seconds) as an added advantage.
Please note that this application is only available online. GENTING MALAYSIA DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.
To read more on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), please click here.