|Deadline||15 August 2023|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local & international|
The Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award (GENM Scholarship) provides qualified young Malaysians with the golden opportunity to further their studies locally or overseas. We offer financial assistance for students who have excelled academically and demonstrated active leadership to undergo their undergraduate studies.
This scholarship will help qualified recipients to establish a strong foundation for their future in the following fields,
o Hospitality Management
o Culinary Arts
o International Hotel & Resort Management
o Parks and Recreation Management
o Event Management
o Economics/Actuarial Science/MORSE
o Engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Mechatronic)
o Information Technology
Full Scholarship + Internship / Trainee Programme
Applicants must meet the following criteria when applying for the Genting Malaysia scholarship:
1. Malaysian citizen aged 23 years and below.
2. Must be waiting for admission to pursue a full-time degree course in a local or overseas
3. Must possess the requisite pre-university qualification:
o STPM: minimum 3 As, OR
o Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.0 or above, OR
o Level: minimum 3 As, OR
o Australian TER: minimum 90.0, OR
o Recognized foundation/Diploma courses: equivalent to CGPA 3.0 or above, OR
o International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.0
4. Strong leadership skills demonstrated through active participation in extra-curricular
5. Family household income not exceeding RM5,000.00 per month.
6. Not presently holding other scholarships or study loans.
For the preferred fields and approved universities, please refer to FAQ.
Note: Relevant work experience, co-curricular activities, professional qualifications, and
achievements, where applicable, are added advantages.
How to apply
All scholarship applications and supporting documents must be submitted via the online
submission system before the closing date.
All required fields (i.e. personal particulars, information on courses applied, particulars of
parent/guardian, education background, etc.) must be completed. Incomplete applications
will be rejected.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents together with their application
1. Passport-sized photograph
2. Education certificates (STPM/A-Level and/or Diploma certificates, university acceptance/offer letter, etc.) Please provide only original copy of certificate, any transcript or forecast grade/ result will not be accepted.
3. Updated résumé – including applicant’s co-curricular/extra-curricular activities, achievements and certificates
4. Parent’s/Guardian’s Income Tax J-Form/ EA Form
5. One (1) page PowerPoint summary of yourself, illustrating your personal profile, aspirations, academic background, and any other relevant facts.
The total size for all attached documents should not exceed 6MB and each attachment’s size should not exceed 500KB. Please ensure that you meet the size requirements before submission because you will not be able to submit your application otherwise.
Optional: Applicants are encouraged to submit a Vsume uploaded onto Youtube (>60 seconds) as an added advantage.
Please note that the application is only available online. GENTING MALAYSIA DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS.
Applications are open until 15.08.2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an assessment.
Submit your application at www.rwgenting.com/GENMscholarship
For more information/enquiries/assistance, you may email to [email protected] and we will attend to your email within two (2) working days.