|Deadline||30 March 2019|
|Organisation Type||Private Higher Educational Institutions|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
KTJ offers a generous and competitive A Level scholarship scheme which is open to both Malaysian and international students. The scholarships are given at the discretion of the Principal following a full interview.
To apply for this scholarship please complete our online registration form here and the relevant scholarship application form below.
Closing date: 30th March 2019 (interviews held on 26th & 27th April for external applicants)
For more information, please contact the Registrar, Ms. Helen Haslett, by emailing [email protected].
- A+/A grades in SPM or six A*/A grades at IGCSE (if the results are not known at the time of application, applicants should submit copies of their Trial Exam results and Forecast Grades).
- Have the potential to qualify for Oxford or Cambridge University entrance.
- Possess all-round qualities.
KTJ Admissions Process Guide
Submitting an Application
Please submit your application by completing the online form. This can be found under the Admissions section on our website www.ktj.edu.my and the 'How to Apply' section will provide you with further details.
Academic excellence is placed at the heart of what we do. We can therefore only make offers to students who we believe will be sufficiently able to access the curriculum and get the most out of their time at KTJ.
The child is given a full tour of the school, in particular the classroom that they will be enrolled into. As well as ensuring that each child feels comfortable and welcomed before the more formal part of the admissions process, the tour allows us to informally assess the student’s ability to communicate clearly in English at a level that is appropriate for their chronological age.
- Key Stage 1 and Early Years students will have an informal assessment with the Admissions Executive and will be asked to produce a piece of writing, where appropriate.
- Key Stage 2 students will be asked to sit for a CAT 4 assessment, which covers Maths, English and Non-verbal reasoning and will be asked to produce a piece of writing.
Forms 1 – 4: All students are offered a tour of the school. We will then ask the student to sit for our online assessments which cover English, mathematics and non-verbal reasoning. They take approximately 2 hours to complete and are done in the Registrar’s office. Depending on the student’s level of English, we will do a follow up 30 minute written assignment and/or a verbal conversation with a member of our English Additional Language (EAL) team for 10 minutes. This will allow us to place students appropriately into the correct English language class. All of this is taken into consideration alongside the student’s previous school report.
A levels / Sixth Form: All students are offered a tour of the school. For our Sixth Form programme, we look at the students forecast or actual IGCSE or SPM results and previous school reports to come to a decision regarding admission. No online tests are necessary for Sixth Form students.
Please note that you will need to make a prior appointment to come in to take the assessment; this can be arranged by emailing [email protected]
For more detail, please refer HERE.
- Admissions Process Guide
- A-Level Subject Choices
- A-Level Scholarship Application - External Applicants
- A-Level Scholarship Application - Internal Applicants