|Private Sector / Organisation
|Study Local or Abroad?
Are you ready to get ahead in your career?
- We want to empower you turn your ambitions into achievements.
- We thrive in inclusiveness, diversity and embrace close collaborations for you to create impact for yourself and others.
- Together, we aim to bring the best of technology to help people, businesses and the nation to be ahead in a changing world.
- To realise our vision to become Malaysia’s leading converged solutions company, we are looking for a new talent to innovate and grow with us in a culture that values commitment, performance and possibilities.
Why does this job exist and why is it critical??
As a company that is passionate about embracing digital innovation and leveraging cutting edge technologies, we are committed to shaping and grooming Malaysia’s best tech talent. The Maxis Tech Undergraduate Scholarship provides the opportunity for deserving students to develop academically and enhance their tech knowledge and expertise.
- The scholarship will cover the full cost of tuition fees and living expenses (up to a maximum of RM5,000 per annum). Total scholarship amount not exceeding RM40,000 per annum.
- Internship opportunity with Maxis.
- Employment with Maxis upon graduation.
- Open to outstanding young Malaysians, aged 23 and below at the time of enrolment date for undergraduate studies.
- Have obtained admission to a recognised local university in the following programmes: Engineering (Network/Telecomm/Software/Mechanical/ Electrical/Electronic), Computer Science, Data Science/Actuarial Science, Mathematics/Statistics/Applied Sciences and other STEM related courses.
- Excellent academic track record: ?Minimum 8As (A+/A-) in SPM including the following subjects: Mathematics, Physics, OR excellent O-level grades at IGCSE (A*/A) in one sitting, STPM/A- levels/Pre-U/Matriculation ??& CGPA 3.3 and above.
- Good command of the English language, verbal and written.
- Open to students who are pursuing their first Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicant must be in possession of an unconditional offer from a locally based university/college OR enrolled into a programme for less than 6 months.
- Not presently holding or have accepted any other scholarships/loans/grants or financial assistance from other organisations/parties, with a contractual obligation as beneficiary.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Active participation in extracurricular activities such as clubs, societies, competitions, community projects and sports.
- Total combined household income must not exceed RM20,000 per month - proof of financial status such as certified supporting documents must be provided.
- Transcript of Pre-University exam results.
- Acceptance letter for programme admission.
- Parents' (both)/Guardian(s) proof of income for the past 1 year e.g. income tax statement.
- Copy of MyKad.
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV).
- Invoice for annual tuition fee from said university/college.
Please upload the above documents into the "Required PDF Document" section.
**The application period for this scholarship will commence on 2nd August 2022.
- Once you’ve applied online, our team will carefully review your application. Due to a high volume of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely review process.
- Should you be shortlisted for the role, we will send you an invitation via email for a digital interview. You can also check on your application status by logging into your candidate account.
Maxis values diverse voices & people. We hire and reward our employees based on capability & performance — regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, education, religion, nationality or physical ability.