|1 April 2022
|Study Local or Abroad?
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) mempelawa Pegawai Kumpulan Pengurusan dan Profesional yang berminat dan memenuhi syarat untuk memohon penajaan biasiswa di bawah JICA SDGS JFY2022 bagi mengikuti pengajian di peringkat Sarjana dalam bidang International Public Policy di International University of Japan (IUJ). Permohonan dalam talian dibuka bermula 10 Mac 2022 hingga 1 April 2022.
Minimum Qualifications for Admission
Those who meet both qualifications in the following two categories, (1) academic background and (2)
sponsoring/scholarship scheme, can apply for the special selection for international students.
(1) Academic Background
Applicants must meet one of the following qualifications:
1) Those who hold, or are about to receive, their Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or
university, and who have completed a minimum of 16 years of formal schooling.
2) Those who hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a country where less than 16 years of formal schooling is required
for completion of that degree, and who have one year or more research experience subsequent to their
Bachelor’s Degree at an academic institution; and who are at least 22 years of age. (An official letter attesting
to the candidate’s academic research experience is required as part of the application documents.)
In some cases, those who hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an educational institution in a country where 15
years of formal schooling is required for completion of that degree but have no research experience may be
regarded as eligible applicants based on their undergraduate performance.
3) Those who hold an Associate Degree (one of the higher tertiary degrees issued usually after 14 years of
schooling by such educational institutions as junior colleges in the U.S.A., Japan or other countries that have
compatible education systems), who are at least 22 years of age, and whose demonstrated academic ability
prior to application is recognized by the GSIR as equivalent to that of an individual who holds a Bachelor’s
(2) Training/Scholarship Scheme
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements and apply through their sponsoring/scholarship institution.
1) Those who have a scholarship from the Japanese government (MEXT)
2) Those who are sponsored by a foreign government
3) Those who are expected to receive a scholarship from a public institution during the standard period for the
completion of his/her course of study.
4) Those who are recognized by the Graduate School as having a qualification equivalent to one of the above.
How to Apply
Applicants must send all the application materials through his/her sponsoring Japanese government (MEXT), foreign
governments, or public intuitions. All required items have to be received by IUJ on or before the application deadline.
Mailing Address: Admissions
Graduate School of International Relations
International University of Japan
777 Kokusai-cho, Minami Uonuma-shi, Niigata 949-7277 Japan