|Deadline||30 June 2017|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
PPBU is offered to tertiary level education from Skills Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Professional, Master’s Degree, and Doctorate (PH.D) to deserving Malaysian. Its aim is to aid the social and economic development of Malaysians by enabling bright but needy students to receive undergraduate education at local Public OR Private Higher Learning Institutions and Training Institutes in the country on a full-time basis.
PPBU is offered to applicants who have gained admission and are in their first year of study in Higher Learning Institutions and Training Institute recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education, the Private Education Department and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and the National Vocational Training Council (NVTC). PPBU provides educational assistance for undergraduate study in a wide spectrum of academic and practical subjects which in the opinion of members of the Board of Trustees of YBR are best oriented towards the social and economic development needs of country and the community.
PPBU For Local UniversitiesPossess strong leadership skills and active participation in extra-curricular, social or voluntary activities.
Is open to the poor and underprivileged Malaysians regardless of race, religion, ethnicity and is qualified to a full-time study at local Public OR Private Higher Education Institutions and Training Institute recognized by the Government of Malaysia.2. General Conditions
- Malaysian citizen
- NOT less than 18 years old during application and accepting the study offer.
- NOT exceeding 30 years old upon graduation for Malaysia Skills Certificate, Diploma and Bachelors Degree.
- NOT exceeding 45 years upon graduation for Masters Degree.
- and NOT exceeding 50 years upon graduation for Doctorate & PHD.
- Not a bankrupt.
- Confirmation of admission from the public OR private University OR Training Centre.
- Applicants must have a savings account with Bank Rakyat with a minimum of RM100 account balance.
- Only fields of studies which are recognized by the Public Services Department (JPA) / Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) / Malaysian Vocational Training Council (NVTC) / Government Agencies (Malaysia) concerned and acknowledged by the Board of Trustees of YBR.
- for Doctorate / PHD the qualified applicants must hold a Masters Degree qualification with CGPA of 3.00 and above.
- for Masters Degree, applicant must hold a Bachelor's Degree with CGPA of 3.00 and above.
- for Degree, applicants must hold a Diploma OR STPM (Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia) with CGPA 3.0 and above OR - STAM equivalent to STPM OR - Matriculation / Foundation Study of at least CGPA 3.00 and above.
- for Diploma, the applicant must have SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) qualification with a minimum grade of 5A.
- Applicants who attended training in Malaysian Skills Certificate (SKM) recognized by the National Vocational Training Council (NVTC) should at least have attained OR currently holding level 2 OR – other Skill Certificate need at least a passed in their SPM (with 2 Credits and Bahasa Malaysia subject).
- Local Public OR Private Higher Learning Institution recognized by JPA / MQA.
- Local Public OR Private Training Institutes recognized by National Vocational Training Council (NVTC) / the related Malaysian Government Agencies.
- Priority is given to the following fields of study:
- Business Management
- Human Resources
- Media Communication
- Actuarial Science
- Doctorate PHD, Masters Degree, Professional Studies, Bachelor Degree and Diploma in all fields of study.
- Malaysian Skills Certificate (SKM) recognized by National Vocational Training Council (NVTC) and other Skills Certificate is recognized by the related Malaysian Government Agencies.
6. Level And Duration Of Study
|PHD||3 Years / 6 Semester|
|Masters Degree||2 Years / 4 Semester|
|Professional||2 Years / 4 Semester|
|Bachelor's Degree||4 Years / 8 Semester|
|Diploma||3 Years / 6 Semester|
|Skills Diploma||3 Years|
|Malaysian Skills Certificate||Level 1 to Level 3 (Depends on institutions)|
How to Apply PPBU
PPBU Application Guidelines
30th June 2017
Withdrawal of PPBU Disbursement
YBR may withdrawal the PPBU if:
- Students deferring their study without first obtaining permission from YBR
- Fail to complete and execute the agreement within the specified period
- Providing false information in the application form
- Fail to remain in the areas of study as specified in the PPBU application
- Fail to graduate from universities / colleges / ILA / ILS within the prescribed period
- Obtain a grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 and below
(PPBU) / Scholarship will be fully withdrawn and students shall be required to make full repayment of PPBU / Scholarship which they have received during the period of their study.
Termination of PPBU Contract
If a student fails to pursue their study YBR will automatically terminate all disbursement.
Students shall be required to make full repayment of the entire amount of the sponsorship which was disbursed during their study period as stipulated in the agreement.
Yayasan Bank Rakyat,
8th Floor, Tower 1,
Menara Kembar Bank Rakyat,
No.33, Jalan Rakyat,
50470, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +603 2612 9600