|Deadline||6 April 2021|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local & international|
Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified students who will commence their undergraduate programmes in September 2021 after completing their STPM or Foundation/Matriculation studies as well as those who are in their first year of undergraduate studies to apply for education sponsorship to pursue undergraduate studies at recognised academic institutions approved by YSD.
We are looking for well-rounded Malaysian candidates who have attained excellent academic achievement, demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities and potential and devoted time to make an impact to communities through their extra-curricular activities.
Eligibility and Minimum Requirement
Applicants for this programme must fulfill the following requirements:
- Aged 25 or below;
- STPM/Pre-University/Foundation/Local Matriculation/Diploma (minimum CGPA of at least 3.30); or 3A’s for A-Level programme;
- Total monthly gross household income of RM11,000 and below;
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities, sporting events and community service;
- Strong leadership qualities through various leadership positions held in school and societies.
Important note: Interested candidates who are in their first year (semester 1 & semester 2) at top local universities are encouraged to apply.
Accepted Fields of Study
Scholarships will be offered to candidates who are inclined to pursue the following fields of study, subject to university’s admission offer:
Business related courses:
- Business Studies / Finance
- Digital Marketing
- Human Resources
- International Business (Marketing / Trading)
Engineering and Sciences related courses:
- Mechanical/ Civil/ Electrical /Electronic/ Mechatronic/ Chemistry / Food Technology/ Chemical Engineering
- Agriculture Science
- Quantity Surveying
- Landscape Architecture
- Plantation Technology and Management
- Town Planning
- Information Technology (Drone & Big Data)
- Genetic & Plant Breeding / Plant Nutrition
- Biology / Microbiology
Note: Scholarships for courses other than those mentioned above are not available.
Accepted Local Universities
Below is a list of local universities, endorsed by YSD for the scholarship programme:
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP)
- Taylor’s University Malaysia
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Monash University Malaysia
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Imperial College London
- King’s College London
- London School of Economics
- Oxford University
- University of Bristol
- University of Cambridge
- University of College London
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Manchester
- University of Warwick
United States of America
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- New York University (NYU)
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
- Yale University
Value Of Scholarship
- Local Programme - Full scholarship covering tuition fees, living allowance, book allowance, and computer allowance.
- UK / US - Full scholarship including tuition fees, board and lodging, computer allowance, shipping allowance, and flight ticket for the beginning and end of the study.
Recipients of the scholarship will have the opportunity to undergo Scholars Development Programme and experience work exposure through an internship within the Sime Darby Companies i.e. Sime Darby Plantation Berhad, Sime Darby Property Berhad, and Sime Darby Berhad.
Note: The scholarship will only cover expenses incurred after the award to recipients (i.e. upon execution of the scholarship agreement).
Service Bond Period
Upon completion of studies, scholars will be required to serve Sime Darby Companies for for 3 years (Local) and 6 years (UK/ US).
Please complete the application form here.
Applications for YSD Scholarship Programmes are open from 16th March 2021 to 6th April 2021