Colleges Perform Better in MyQUEST 2014/2015
by StudyMalaysia.com on November 26, 2015 | Top Stories
The MyQUEST 2014/2015 results have been released. So what has changed since the last evaluation exercise in 2013? If you’re looking for a college, this could be one of the deciding factors for you.
The results for the Malaysian Quality Evaluation System for Private Colleges (MyQUEST) 2014/2015 has just been released. Held once every two years since 2011, this is the third time the evaluation exercise has been carried out.
This year, 238 of 406 private colleges registered with the higher education department to participate in the rating. Of this total, 199 private colleges were granted a rating out of 235 private colleges that qualified for auditing.
MyQUEST measures the following:
- the quality of higher education services of colleges (under college based category)
- the quality of programmes delivered at colleges (under cluster based category)
- the readiness of the colleges to recruit international students (under international student based category)
In the college based category, nine colleges received a six star rating and 52 colleges received a five star rating in MyQUEST 2014/2015.
Colleges that received a six star rating
- KDU COLLEGE PENANG CAMPUS, Penang
- KOLEJ SEGI SUBANG JAYA, Selangor
- KOLEJ SUNWAY (KUALA LUMPUR), Selangor
- KOLEJ TAYLOR’S SUBANG JAYA, Selangor
- KOLEJ KESIHATAN RAMSAY SIME DARBY, Selangor
- KOLEJ TAYLOR’S SRI HARTAMAS, Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ TEKNOLOGI TIMUR, Selangor
- INSTITUT TEKNOLOGI MAKLUMAT ASIA PASIFIC (APIIT), Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ STAMFORD PETALING JAYA, Selangor
Colleges that received a five star rating
- GERMAN MALAYSIAN INSTITUTE (GMI), Selangor
- KOLEJ ANTARABANGSA INTI SUBANG JAYA, Selangor
- KOLEJ INTI ANTARABANGSA PULAU PINANG, Penang
- KOLEJ POLY-TECH MARA BANGI, Selangor
- KOLEJ POLY-TECH MARA KOTA BHARU, Kelantan
- KOLEJ POLY-TECH MARA KUALA LUMPUR (KPTM), Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ SAITO, Selangor
- KOLEJ SEGI KUALA LUMPUR, Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ UNITI, Negeri Sembilan
- SUNWAY COLLEGE JOHOR, Johor
- AKADEMI HELP (HELP ACADEMY), Kuala Lumpur
- AKADEMI LAUT MALAYSIA (ALAM), Melaka
- INSTITUT TEKNOLOGI PERTAMA, Negeri Sembilan
- KOLEJ DISTED, Penang
- KOLEJ FTMS, Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ HAN CHIANG, Penang
- KOLEJ ISLAM PAHANG SULTAN AHMAD SHAH (KIPSAS), Pahang
- KOLEJ MCS, Selangor
- KOLEJ METHODIST KUALA LUMPUR, Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ PENGAJIAN TINGGI ATC, Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ PERUBATAN MELAKA-MANIPAL, Melaka
- KOLEJ POLY-TECH MARA, Kedah
- KOLEJ PTPL PENANG, Penang
- KOLEJ SEGI PULAU PINANG, Penang
- KOLEJ SEGI SARAWAK, Sarawak
- KOLEJ SENI DAN TEKNOLOGI HELP (HELP COLLEGE OF ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY), Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ TEKNOLOGI SARAWAK, Sarawak
- PUSAT TEKNOLOGI PENGURUSAN LANJUTAN (PTPL) SHAH ALAM, Selangor
- INSTITUT ANTARABANGSA SAINS MANTIN, Negeri Sembilan
- INSTITUT JATI, Negeri Sembilan
- INSTITUT SAINS DAN PENGURUSAN, Sabah
- INSTITUT SENI LUKIS MALAYSIA, Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ ANTARABANGSA FLAMINGO, Selangor
- KOLEJ BINARY (CITY CAMPUS), Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ EQUATOR, Penang
- KOLEJ IBS, Sarawak
- KOLEJ LAILA TAIB, Sarawak
- KOLEJ OLYMPIA JOHOR BHARU, Johor
- KOLEJ PENGURUSAN PENERBANGAN, Selangor
- KOLEJ PERGIGIAN ANTARABANGSA PULAU PINANG, Penang
- KOLEJ PRESIDEN, Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ PTPL SABAH, Sabah
- KOLEJ PTPL SENTRAL KUALA LUMPUR, Kuala Lumpur
- KOLEJ PTPL SEREMBAN, Negeri Sembilan
- KOLEJ PTPL SUNGAI PETANI, Kedah
- KOLEJ STAMFORD MELAKA, Melaka
- KOLEJ VISION, Selangor
- KOLEJ YAYASAN UEM, Selangor
- PTPL KOTA BHARU, Kelantan
- PUSAT TEKNOLOGI & PENGURUSAN LANJUTAN (PTPL) SARAWAK, Sarawak
- PUSAT TEKNOLOGI DAN PENGURUSAN LANJUTAN (PTPL) TERENGGANU, Terengganu
- PUSAT TEKNOLOGI PENGURUSAN LANJUTAN (PTPL) AMPANG, Selangor
The full list of results can be viewed here.
The MyQUEST evaluation system covers dimensions of input, process and output that emphasise five key criteria including student quality, resources quality, quality management system, programme recognition and graduate recognition.
The evaluation system involves two phases. The first phase allows for self-evaluation where colleges enter information into a web-based system. This is followed by an information audit by appointed auditors to verify the information entered into the system. The MyQUEST evaluation is carried out once in two years, with the first evaluation held in 2011.
The MyQUEST star rating comprises a range of scores:
- 6 – Outstanding
- 5 – Excellent
- 4 – Very Good
- 3 – Good
- 2 – Satisfactory and
- 1 – Poor
You May Also Be Interested In...
- The country’s largest secondary school art competition – the Malay...
- Now that you know what pre-U options you have, it's time to make ...
- On 1 May 2020, the government announced that business activities in mo...
- The Times Higher Education YOUNG UNIVERSITY Rankings (web link THE You...