|Private Sector / Organisation
|Study Local or Abroad?
|Local & international
Presently, KOJADI hs a total 13 loan schemes under it loan programme to cater for a wide spectrum of education courses ranging from vocational and technical to undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
Below are the various education loan schemes currently implemented by KOJADI:
- KOJADI Higher Education Loan Scheme (HELS)
It was set up immediately after inception of KOJADI in 1981.
- KOJADI Special Education Loan Scheme (SELS)
This loan scheme is an extension of HELS .It is set up for those member-students who are ineligible to obtain a loan under HELS.
- KOJADI Vocational Education Loan Scheme (S-VELS)
It is set up to provide loans to member-students who wish to undertake vocational training courses in local private institutions.
- KOJADI Institute Education Loan Scheme (S-JELS)
It is specially designed for member-students to finance their tuition fees in KOJADI Institute (KI), a college which is wholly owned by KOJADI.
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for TARC Graduates (S-TAR)
It is set up for diplomates and certificate-holders of Tunku Abdul Rahman College (TARC) who wish to further their studies overseas.
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Local University Studies (S-LUS)
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Foreign University Studies (S-FUS)
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Independent Secondary School Certificate Holders (S-ISS)
This loan scheme is to assist member-students who are graduates of independent secondary schools and have successfully gained admission to a university to pursue undergraduate courses
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Early Childhood Education (S-ECE)
This loan scheme is designed to provide financial aid to members who wish to take up courses in childhood education as a career
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Overseas Postgraduate Studies (S-OPS)
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Local Postgraduate Studies (S-LPS)
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (S-UTAR)
This loan scheme is designed and implemented in 2002 for member-students who pursue courses at UTAR.
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme For Students of Foundation Programmes (S-PUF)
This loan scheme is designed and implemented for students of age 18 years old and above for their pursuit of pre-university foundation programmes at local or overseas colleges or universities. Detail
- KOJADI Vocational Education Loan Scheme (S-VELS)
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for MINOR (ELSM)
This loan scheme is designed and implemented students below 18 years old for their pursuit of tertiary and vocational education.
PREREQUISITES FOR EDUCATION LOAN APPLICATION
- The applicant must be member of KOJADI with RM100 initial shares.
- The applicant / nominee must hold the requisite shares ranging from RM500 to RM1,000 depending on the loan amount applied for.
Note: For the convenience of loan-applicant, the Society allows applicants to use partial loan for payment of Additional Share subscription and insurance premium.
- The applicant must nominate a child/nominee under a relevant loan scheme.
- The nominated child/nominee must have gained admission to an approved institution of higher learning locally or abroad.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN EDUCATION LOAN
- Obtain and follow the Rules of the relevant loan scheme.
- Complete a prescribed membership application form and loan application form.
- Submit the relevant loan documents.
Submit certified photo copies of the following documents:
- Applicant's identity card
- Student's identity card
- Letter of offer from approved institution
- Student's last examination results (SPM,STPM or SM3/UEC or equivalent or other highest academic qualification)
- Identity cards of guarantors (one to three guarantors)
- Income Tax Form 'J' of guarantors (one to three guarantors)
- Any other documents as may be required from time to time.
Submit the following photos and payment:
- Applicant's recent photo (passport size)
- Student's recent photo (passport size)
- Loan processing fees (RM200)
- Student membership fees (RM110)
- Insurance premium for the loan beneficiary
LOAN APPROVAL & DOCUMENTATION
- The loan amount is subject to the discretion of the Board.
- The loan aplication normally takes about 1 month to process.
- When the loan is approved, an OFFER LETTER will be sent to the applicant.
- The application is then required to complete and submit the necessary loan documents within 2 months:
- Loan Aggreement
It must be individual / jointly signed by relevant parties:
|Higher Education Loan Scheme (HELS)
|Special Education Loan Scheme (SELS)
|KOJADI Education Loan Scheme For Minor (ELSM)
- Deed of Guarantee
It must be jointly signed by the guarantor(s).
- Loan will only be disbursed after ALL the loan documents and payments have been received by KOJADI.
- The loan will be released in 2 or 4 disbursements spread over the duration of the course of study.
- Interest will be charged to the applicant's loan account immediately after the disbursement of the loan.
- The interest rate for the loan will be as follows :
For existing member of KOJADI with minumum 5 years membership:
1st year (Upon First release of loan) - 5.8% (on a monthly rest and reducing balance basis)
2nd year onwards until full settlement - 6.8% (on a monthly rest and reducing blance basis)
5.8% ~ 6.8% equivalent to 4.5% flat rate
For new member:
1st year (Upon First release of loan) - 6.8% (on a monthly rest and reducing balance basis)
2nd year onwards until full settlement - 7.8% (on a monthly rest and reducing blance basis)
6.8% ~ 7.8% equivalent to 5.8% flat rate
SERVICE OF LOAN INTEREST
Under specified circumstances, loan borrower is required to service loan interest during study period. The monthly interest is between RM100-RM300 depending on the loan amount applied for based the following table :-
|O (Course duration > 2 years)
|O (Course duration < 2 years)
REPAYMENT OF LOAN
The founding objective of KOJADI is to pool the resources among its members for mutual benefits. Prompt repayment of the loan will enable KOJADI to give similar financial aid to other members for further study.
- The repayment of the loan will begin three (3) or six (6) months after graduation and the maximum repayment period shall not exceed 8 years.Depending on the amount of loan and the type of the loan, repayment will be as follows:
- 1st year - RM200 or RM300 per month
- 2nd year - RM300 or RM400 per month
- 3rd year - RM400 or RM500 & above perm onth until full settlement
- OR equal monthly instalments until full settlement.
The above particulars are subject to change. For further information, please call at out office at
Koperasi Jayadiri Malaysia Berhad (KOJADI)
11th Floor, Wisma MCA,
163 Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur. Road Map
Tel : 03 - 2161 6499 (Membership and Loan Department)
Fax : 03 - 2162 1413
Working Hours :-
Monday-Friday : 8.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday-Sunday & public holidays : Closed